The Christian Hope--Is it in Heaven or on Earth?

by DS211 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Interesting were can i found out more about this teaching, and that there seems to be a number that make up the bride and then those after? And dont tell me its only the 144K that make up this bride.

• Perry
    Perry

I wished that I could tell you to just ask an average bible-believing church going Christian. But, that probably won't get you very far. The reason that so many Christians talked about heaven when we met them at the door is that they just assumed that we knew about Judgment Day. They assumed wrong about us.

The whole purpose of the animal sacrifices in the Old Testament was about avoiding judgment. The animal paid the death penalty for sin IN PLACE OF the one offering it.

The destination of those pardoned is God's business. Most born again Christians are so happy to be pardoned, and to actually know it in their spirit, they never really study past this teaching and look into the Millenium.

My website is bibleready.org I have a lot of info there. You can email me if you want me to.

Most pastors of decent bile churches will help you as well as several of the more studious in the congregation body as well . This is common stuff in bible-believing Christianity. High church type christianity.... not so much.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

the entire chapter of zechariah 14, read it.

Also Ezekiel chapter 47. Read that as well.

Those appear earthly, so the challenge is figuring how those fit in w/ the NT heavenly parts.

• Perry
    Perry

Good Suggestions EOMysteries. Keep in mind that the OT Prophets could not see the Church Age. They could however see into the Millenium. The church age (Times of the Gentiles) was a mystery to them.

• heathen
    heathen

Tho the WTBTS has the 2 folds of sheep teaching wrong there are 2 destinies for believers , The saints have to be martyred to enter the kingdom in heaven , the great crowd survive the end of the world and inherit the earth along with the resurrected faithful many for eternity many die after satan is let loose the second time and the second death ends it for them forever , 2 folds of sheep are the jew and gentile being allowed to worship as equals , the way I see it

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Well the two fold is definitely wrong because they become one flock with one shepherd and the great crowd is in heaven with their ropes washed clean from the blood of the lamb so it would seem that there are pretty much one and the same as the 144k. It would seem to me that these all make up the bride, faithful ones that have died the great crowd or are protected from the final judgment and death (sealed) 144K symbolic number. These are in heaven and are the bride. The non christian or unbelievers are resurrected to earth for the judgement and so on are not the bride and will possess the earth. This is my understanding so far......

• heathen
    heathen

sorry but that's gotta be wrong as jesus was telling the jews of his time the meek would inherit the earth whilst telling the apostles he would prepar a place for them in heaven, people that never had a chance to understand the truth will get a chance during the millenial reign , I believe a literal 144k is admitted as saints , revelation is clear that at the death of the very last one starts the wrath of GOD on earth.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Well the 144k are sealed to protect them from the 4 winds the angels are holding back, so people seem to think that these indicate the ones that are alive when the great tribulation breaks out need protected from death. Rev 5:9-10 seems to indicate that the ones of the great crowd are dead.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Its in their imagination and thats all.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Heaven, definetively.

Why?

Eden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit