No 2014 JW Yearbook (Yet as of 1-6-14)

by pixel 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

They used to love published the partaker number showing it was declining and how much closer to the end we are. Now that it's going up, and going up a lot each year, they have no answer to that and are getting nervous about it.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

EOM: They used to love published the partaker number showing it was declining and how much closer to the end we are. Now that it's going up, and going up a lot each year, they have no answer to that and are getting nervous about it.

To whom, exactly, do they have to provide answer?

The July 15th, 2013 Watchtower proved to me beyond any shadow of a doubt that the GB (or whoever is really in control of this beast) can change any doctrine at any time and the majority of JWs will not even blink an eye.

This is prima facie evidence of the behavior a cult. The leaders can say anything and the followers blindly accept it without question.

• factfinder
    factfinder

What is to stop them from claiming the partakers are now going down again and printing a lower number?

I used to believe they were always being truthful in their statistics, now I am not so sure.

• mariu
    mariu

I'm all for fantasizing about spectacular reasons for the yearbook delay (wild shouting matches in the secret GB meeting room over the partaker numbers, Downfall-style!), but Occam's Razor tells me to agree with jwfacts and Oubliette.

If you think the sheeple care about partakers or other statistics so much that they'd become nervous about it, you've forgotten your JW self. They can just stop printing them. They can apply a spirit-directed correction factor to make them look better. They can publish them as is and nobody will care, but everybody will just LOVE those great, uplifting experiences from the oppressed brothers in Tazabadamuthingistan.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Is there a legitimate reason for rotating domain names?

Leaving ...

Of course. The longer domain names with a lot of capital letters near the end of the alphabet cause more wear and tear on the server than simpler names in lower case and numbers.

Just a matter of physics.

Rub a Dub

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

RUB! STOP IT! That's not nice! *giggling*

• processor
    processor

It takes time to make up all the funny experiences!

• St George of England
    St George of England

They have put five little tracts on for us to read while we are waiting.....

George

• msconcerned
    msconcerned

Annointed partakers for 2013 is 13,204

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit