Simply Amazing's story up in entirety

by Dogpatch 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Many of you read parts of Simply Amazing's story of life in the Watchtower and his encounters with other elders, Bethelites and more. Now the entire story is online at:
    http://www.exjws.net/pioneers/partintro.htm

Foreword: The following account is the story of my exit from the organization of Jehovah’s Witnesses. It is provided in the interest of those who face the dilemma of wanting to leave the organization of Jehovah’s Witnesses, yet wonder what it was like for others who have left ahead of them. What are some of the successes and failures that can be shared so as to help those now leaving to understand how to make better decisions for themselves and their families. My experiences are not intended to fit all situations. My errors are likely more helpful and humorous, so that others can see what ‘not’ to do.

While this story is at times funny, there is also an underlying pain and struggle associated with trying to find my way out, and move forward with life ... the struggle was with the local Elders and with my own sense of indecision or unwillingness to just let go ...

The personal grief is a mixture of almost total disbelief at times that I could have been so blinded and misled for so many years ... some anger because the wasted time that could have been spend in far better ways ... not perfectly ... but more time with the family, or betterment of my career, or attention to my financial needs. Sadness at times that the fantasy of a Paradise Earth, as defined and marketed to the general public as well as Jehovah’s Witnesses is something that failed to take place when it was predicted by the Watchtower Society ... and from all accounts, may not necessarily be a hope that the Bible literally intends as our ultimate state of salvation.

The hurt is for those good friends, good individual Jehovah’s Witnesses, who are Christian, not because of the Organization they participate in, but rather because of who they are as individuals ... my hurt extends to their continued harm by the false teachings and false prophecies inherent in the Watchtower’s 120 year history ... the hurt is the loss of their friendship and fellowship.

While I never believed in a million years I would be writing such an experience as a former Jehovah’s Witness, nevertheless, the pain, sadness, hurt and anger have faded as the years have elapsed ... and now there is continued joy because of the mental and emotion freedom, forgiveness for the anger by just letting the religion go ... peace in knowing that my life is in my own hands, greater love in my family because we all emerged successfully together ... confidence that I can move forward, even though there are not always answers to life’s issues ... no ‘quick-fix’ Watchtower magazine to consult for each and every step in my daily living ...

Living life is a daily experiment, requiring I face each situation as it is, and use my conscience, my heart, and soul to respond to those serious issue requiring more than routine solutions ... Life is happier because I have fewer doubts and fears. After leaving the organization of Jehovah’s Witnesses, one also discovers that life is much as it was before leaving, with bills to pay, work to do, and needs to be met. However, there is a difference in that I no longer delay or put off some issues because of believing that Armageddon is anytime soon, just around the corner ... no, each issue must be faced as it is, where it is ... and at times this calls for an adjustment.

As of this writing, I have been out of the organization ‘informally’ nearly ten years, and formally nearly seven years. The time since leaving has brought many good things – peace of mind and heart, and the realization that my faith in Jesus Christ is still there, that God’s judgment will be righteously based on Jesus sacrifice – taking into consideration that I have acted in good faith with what I know and understand, and hope remains that beyond the limits of this life, there is a certain reward with God that no one on this earth can ever take away from me as best stated in Romans 8:31-39:

“What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifies. Who is he that condemns? It is Christ that died, yes rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For your sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

Net Soup!
    http://www.freeminds.org

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Hey Dogpatch

• Amazing
    Amazing

Thanks again Randy for linking this up.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Hi, Randy

Thanks for putting Amazing's story online like you have. That is one great read! Thanks to Amazing too, for giving us this gem in the first place!

• Simon
    Simon

Thanks Randy & Amazing!

I think the personal stories are probably the most powerful influence in helping people to see the truth. Doctrinal analysis and discussion confirms doubts but the life stories make you question things as people can really identify with them.

• waiting
    waiting

Thanks, Randy,

I can't believe that Amazing's done talkin' though.

waiting (and that was a joke, amazing.)

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Hey Fredhall,
    Another cat got yer tongue?
    Dogz

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

>The hurt is for those good friends, good individual Jehovah’s Witnesses, who are Christian, not because of the Organization they participate in, but rather because of who they are as individuals ...<

I like that part.

I'm glad becasue I've hardly been able to read a word of it as I get so tired of chasing threads around from page 1, and then 2 and then 1 and the 3...

<sigh>

Thanks Amazing and Randy

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Thanks Amazing 4 writing it and thanks Randy for posting the link.
    plm

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Thanks as always, Randy.

And thanks to Amazing for telling the story.

Brilliant!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit