How much money do you think WT actually makes a year ?

by cookiemaster 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

I know that just recently they've made billions by cashing in their real estate from Brooklyn. I also saw somewhere that only the UK branch, in a year, made 16 million pounds in profit with their stock portofolio. My cousin worked personally for a guy in Italy, who was involved in the mafia , and was a JW, and apparently he donated at a single convention more than 1 million Euros(probably as a way to wash his sins). Moreover, I've noticed a pattern here in my country, where they either get properties for free from dying JW's, or buy them for next to nothing in wildly growing cities and then sell them for a few hundred grand each.

I've also calculated that if, at over 7 million members, each member donates at least 1 dollar per week, they'll have more than 7 million just from donations. That amounts to 336 million dollars a year. I know a lot of members don't donate anything, or some live in Africa and are very poor, but there are others that offset that imbalance but donating a lot. I personally knew old JW's that donated houses, life savings and much more. In my cong., about each week 100 dollars are raised from donations. Taking into account the 300 million plus donations, stock investments and real estate profit, how much profit do you think these governing body fat pricks actually make in a year ?

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

It's a real estate laundering scam. They can't make money selling the marketing materials to the congregations any more.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think your calculations make sense.

Plus they may have funds invested we know nothing about, easily done with their set-up of many Companies/Corporations/Charities.

The GB are really just figureheads in my opinion, yes, they lead a life-style that you would need to be a multi-millionaire Rockstar if you wished to emulate it.

But, they themselves do not have huge Bank Acounts or Investments, though the R&F JW's would be surprised at the persoanl wealth they do have, they ain't poor.

Behind the GB are the Puppetmasters, Finance Experts, who keep the whole thing on a roll.

There is a lot of wealth sloshing about.

Having said that, they have a Cash Flow problem, alleviated and staved off by recent Property Sales, but still evident.

They will introduce something akin to Tithing in the next 5 years to carry on, or sink.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Does anyone know if they approach elderly Witnesses? It seems that people mention bequests to the WT frequently. Ah, my college and law school are after my money. The alumni mags misrepresent the schools, too. Sometimes it seems that I have more dealings with the schools now than when I was a student.

Perhaps Estate Planning lawyers suggest gifts to the WT. Does anyone here monitor this?

There is no transparency with the WT. We don't have a clue. It does seem that they are cutting back significantly. I wonder if it has to do with JW.org.

When Nathan Knorr was president, there was much excitement about expanding to foreign lands. Now they are leaving.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Just to use an example of how much money the WTS. has in rich countries like England and

Canada, both were listed by government regulations to show 60 to 70 million a piece, and the

United Stated HQ most likely at the billion dollar mark. $$$

One thing that never gets exposed at Kingdom Halls is just how much wealth the WTS. has in countries like these ones.

The mantra is always can you give more financially toward the work and purpose of Jehovah ?

• Zordino
    Zordino

An Educated guess would be that the entire corporation with its many various holdings would probably generate aprox 2.5b to 3 Billion Dollars (US currency) annually. And this would come from all of their investments all over the world such as stocks and bonds, hedge funds, donations, people leaving them many assets in their Wills and ofcourse their KH building and renovation scams. Also think of the increase of value in their property holdings every year all around the world. That in itself is a huge number!

• Zordino
    Zordino

I've pondered this question aswell CM. Many times! F**king a**holes they are! Begging for money all of the time. And yes, I agree with Phizzy that the real puppet masters are behind the scenes and are the ones who control the business and the entire racket. The GB are just "spiritual" figure heads that must Listen, Obey, or else to their masters.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Yeah. Maybe the WT has big opportunity in Sudan right now.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

all that money sloshing around......and they are still tax exempt?....charity status?.....oh come off it!!!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Don't think the WTS. is the richest religion around, the Catholic church has an estimated half a trillion in wealth and assets

world wide.

Not even in the same league.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit