Today I received my first ever birthday gift!

by NVR2L8 18 Replies latest jw friends

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I received a parcel at work from my daughter and her boyfriend. It contained a birthday card in the shape of a motorcycle leather jacket and a book on rides you can take using the back roads in my part of the world! My eyes filled with tears as I was reading the card. My daughter wrote that I mean everything to her and that I'm her role model. Her boyfriend thanked me for accepting him in our family despite of not being in the same faith. Today I realized that I have been deprived my whole life of the joy of reveiving testimonials of love and friendship from family and friends simply because a few old men in New York decided that it was wrong! Happy 59th birthday to me.

• bennyk
    bennyk

Many happy returns!

Happy birthday, friend!

• Brainfloss
    Brainfloss

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY>>>AND MANY MORE

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

WAAHOOOOOO HAVE A BLAST! :)

Make sure the blast is legal, okay? (giggling)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hey, Happy Birthday.

I remember getting a present from my (never-a-JW) Dad and his wife after I told them about TTATT. It was awesome.

Many more birthdays to you.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Thank you all for your wishes. Beers and wings after my Friday night hockey game.

• cofty
    cofty

Happy birthday to you!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

NVR - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! This is my Bday weekend too. Although you got your present today I hope you were good to yourself on previous Bdays by buying or doing something special! I have a bottle of champagne in the fridge and tmw I'll be enjoying a favorite meal with friends at a fave restaurant. I hop you will.be doing the same ! i always did that since I was a born in and Bday was barely menfioned.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

My b day was yesterday....12-12

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

NVR, happy birthday, please be careful riding those scenic routes in your part of the world. I totalled my bike this year and at 50, it's hard to heal up physically. Uhg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit