Why Evolution Is True--something that scares me

by DS211 24 Replies latest jw friends

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Perry?? I' m a patient guy....

• DS211
    DS211

Na 'uh adamah...God created the cammo cause he likes stuff to match...duh!

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

That site is fantastic, it contains the following insight:

"SUDDEN APPEARANCE:
    Are you aware that "ALL CULTURES BEGAN SUDDENLY" and were fully developed? A long preliminary period is not supported by archaeology. Before cities on earth, there was nothing. There was no transition whatsoever between the ancient civilizations and any primitive forebearers. They were at their peak from the beginning."

I should have guessed there was something up from the overuse of capital letters.

PP

• adamah
    adamah

ds211 said-

Na 'uh adamah...God created the cammo cause he likes stuff to match...duh!

And God was so thoughtful, HE even arranged for all the animals and plant life to get back to climates and soil types where they would do well after the Flood! God thinks of everything, as the "Intelligent (Interior) Designer"!

That's why I say it's almost pointless to engage in challenging the sheer scientific impossibility of the Flood, as believers feel free to dismiss it all anyway since it's claimed to be a miraculous act with no holds barred (like Armageddon).

Here's a scallywag apostate gecko who defiantly refuses to obey God's curse condemning him to crawl on his belly:

He won't be in the New System, I'm guessing....

And here's another example of natural selection at work, a great example of the adaptation of leaf mimickry (of course, it's not like the animal WANTS to look like its environment, or is conscious of it: it just happens when those who happen to stumble on something that works to aid survival pass along those genes for the skin choromophores that create the color-match):

He DEFINITELY won't survive Armageddon, with a name like the "Satanic leaf-tailed gecko!

The incredible satanic leaf-tailed gecko is a master of disguise, with a body that superbly mimics a dead leaf. Its twisted body, veined skin, and tail which looks remarkably like it has been nibbled at by insects or rotted by decay (3) , all help this reptile blend into the foliage of its habitat. The satanic leaf-tailed gecko varies in colour, but is often mottled brown (4) , and small black dots on the underside help distinguish it from similar species (5) . Geckos possess no eyelids, just a transparent covering over their eyes, and so they use their long, mobile tongues to wipe away any dust or debris that gets into the eye (3) . It has often been debated whether the satanic leaf-tailed gecko is the same species as U. ebenaui (the Nosy Bé flat-tailed gecko), but the satanic leaf-tailed gecko possesses more, and longer, spines on the head, body and trunk (6) .

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Island Man - "Much of this so-called evidence is arrived at by distorting the facts about the teaching of evolution and then presenting facts that discredit the misrepresented version of evolution - the classic strawman fallacy... You will not get the entire, truthful picture of the theory of evolution from anti-evolution sources. They have a vested interest in misrepresenting the facts on the subject."

Once I grasped the degree of intellectual dishonesty that Biblical literalists used to "refute" evolution, the first thing I asked myself was, "If you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, just how much solid ground are those beliefs built on?"

It wasn't long after that I realized that when you consciously choose ideology over ascertainable fact, the deck is automatically stacked against you, and what's more, you deserve it.

Not to mention that evolution does a much better job explaining some of the weirder shit in nature than creationism ever has.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit