Feedback on Letter

by mrhhome 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

It is very loving and great to see how you defend your wife.

Did he really call her slut?

Good luck to you and your wife.

• mrhhome
    mrhhome

No, he did not actually call her a slut, but he did cite 1 Cor 5 as he was thumping the bible. If you read it in context, that text was never intended for apostates. It was intended to throw out people who were enchanged in some pretty serious sexual immorality and bragging about it in church.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi mrhhome, What does your wife feel about your letter? Although you defended her to her brother, it is her side of the family and she may have a different plan.

BTW your letter was very well written and might have a positive affect on a non-JW. A JW's cult persona on the other hand would dismiss your letter, because they feel they are superior to non-JWs.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I like it. The disfellowshipping thing goes back to the mid 40's to be technical about it. it began with Rutherford. The founder of Jehovahs Witnesses in modern times never dreamed of such a thing. Maybe that is the key point to make.

Per haps asking them to consider what it looks like to you (a non-JW), and to your extended family and friends who you discuss this with, to have a perfectly moral and good outstanding woman, shunned by her family because she does not share exactly the same beliefs as another Christian sect!

Even at a funeral! Does he think that is a "good witness, or a bad witness".

I'm telling you, those will be pain points. Hard to reason that it brings glory to their cause to take such a Pharisaical stand, when Jesus quote scripture saying "I want mercy, not sacrifice".

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

mrhhome,

You continue to amaze me with your excellent choice of words, and unfailing defense of your lucky wife. I remember that previous letter earlier this year when you posted it.

So good to hear now of yet another outstanding and poignant letter.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Well done , you have stood up for your wife and called a spade a spade .Regardless of how the witnesses handle it ,your wife should now have a greater respect for you and how you have stood by her.

smiddy

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Good letter... straight to the point... send it :)

• Fernando
    Fernando

Thanks for sharing a great letter and strategy.

Personally I believe those few that have the wherewithal and circumstances to stand up to them and call them out should do so.

That having been said obviously every situation may have its own unique aspects.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Just to add a bit of extra bite to your letter, why don't you ask him to read his own new Revised Bible, open it at Deuteronomy 29:10-15, and ask himself why he shuns his own sister on the say-so of men who have convinced him and many millions that these verses are lies - No aliens were taken into the Law Covenant according to Brooklyn!

And then tell him that you respect his right to believe in lies, but not to make your wife pay for his willful blindness to Bible truth!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit