Hello, its good to be back, seriously!

by AllTimeJeff 54 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Ditto Rip!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Interesting OP. I thought you had buried the legacy of the JW-cult, ridded yourself of its influence and made the scars a badge of honour. But it seems not entirely. It shows how pernicious and mycelium like the JW poison is, you think you have purged yourself but it pervades, hidden deep in the psyche to reappear when you least expect it.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Glad you are back and participating.

YOur posts are always thought out and meaningful.

You have a great perspective having been an insider at the upper level.

They higher one rises in the Org, they more they see of what is behind the curtain. At some point they are forced to be honest or accept that they are lying to themselves.

Cheers!

Doc

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

cantleave, I would probably be more "ahead" right now if I allowed myself to be more honest and vulnerable. I pretended to be ok far too long. I didn't want to admit how much they hurt me, wasn't going to give them the pleasure. But they did. It's actually easier to deal with when I say "Hey, you hurt me." Then, I can move on.

The real issue is, people need people. I was in an artifical world, and now, I am in real life. Let me put it a better way: I need people, and I am tired of pretending that I don't. No one understands where I come from like you fine folk. :) That appeals to me... To just be

• karter
    karter

ATJ good to have you and your comments back.

I too would like to meet more people from here...so if your ever downunder...there's a cold one in the fridge.

karter.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

karter, is aussie beer more lager than ale? I have developed a great love for west coast pale ales and certain IPA's over in the states.

Thanks!

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hi AllTimeJeff, It is so nice to have you back with us.

LoisLane

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Thanks Lois. :)

• karter
    karter

As i'm in New Zealand don't know about Aussie beer.

Nz Has a wide range of beers from larger to black beers and everything in bettween.

karter

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Oops! Down under applies to NZ too. Apologies!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit