Reasonable Doubt & Justice

by cha ching 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cha ching
    cha ching

Smiddy... very good, simple, right on the target points for "reasonably doubting" the WT's "overlapping generations"

You reminded me of the WT's beginning:

1874 USE to be the beginning of Christ's return.

1914 USE to be the date for Armageddon.

40 years.........

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Weird and unbalanced reasoning here:

WT 2005 12/1 p 4

Armageddon A Happy Beginning

To that end, Jehovah has wisely made sure that the “good news of the kingdom” is proclaimed far and wide, in hundreds of languages. People everywhere are being given the opportunity for survival and salvation. (Matthew 24:14; Psalm 37:34; Philippians 2:12) Those who respond favorably to the good news can survive Armageddon and live forever in perfection on a paradise earth. (Ezekiel 18:23, 32; Zephaniah 2:3; Romans 10:13) Is this not what one would expect from a God who is love?—1 John 4:8.

Many wonder, however, why a God who is the very embodiment of love would inflict death and destruction on much of humankind. The situation might be compared to that of a pest-infested house. Would you not agree that a conscientious homeowner should safeguard the health and well-being of his family by exterminating the pests?

• cofty
    cofty

I think this is the sort of line of reasoning that can be used to reach the authentic personality behind the cult persona.

• adamah
    adamah

WT 2005 12/1 (pg 4) said-

Many wonder, however, why a God who is the very embodiment of love would inflict death and destruction on much of humankind. The situation might be compared to that of a pest-infested house. Would you not agree that a conscientious homeowner should safeguard the health and well-being of his family by exterminating the pests?

Note how the WT transitions from recognizing humankind in one sentence, and dehumanizes them two sentences later, declaring them "pests" to be exterminated? What immoral stench!

Such dehumanization of the targets of hatred is a classic technique of those calling for genocidal campaigns, and anyone who reads and disseminates such hate-filled rhetoric bears a moral responsibility for playing a role in perpetuating it.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I was cruising past and noticed that the WT called ordinary humans, not JWs, pests that need extermination. It is this view towards good people that makes me sick. So we need a divine exterminator. I always found it strange that the entire KH did not walk out on the idea of other humans being so bad. What a win to win friends.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Great, Blues Brothers... I love that quote. A "reasonable" person should doubt someone (the "GB") who can't get it right for over 100 years,

When that reasonable person, in turn, starts doubting.... they are called "human hot dogs," "bird food," "manure", "mentally diseased," & now I can add "pests that need to be exterminated" to my list of "ambient abuse" phrases.

Cofty.... I really hope so, I have fam & friends I'd like to reach...

Adamah... Once you see how the WT dog hunts, you see it in all their publlications. They congratulate you & make you feel good about "wondering," whilest ensuring you "God is love," and then.... when you are hooked about feeling good, using phrases like "safeguarding", "health" and "family," things you care about.... then ..... your mind is led to believe it all must fit together, to "accept" the pest control package... so, that "must be good"

If we were to put "Hitler" in that paragraph, explaining how he got countries to go along with his twisted genocidal ideas, you would have agreement that it is wrong.

Band on the Run... Yes, it makes me sick too.. A universal desire...... justice.....

• smiddy
    smiddy

cha ching ,

Another bible "witness" for the length of a generation being approximately 50 years.

Luke Chap.3:23-38 , Tells us their are 76 generations from the start of Jesus ministry going all the way back to Adam , a period of 4024 years according to Watchtower chronology .

4024 years divided by 76 generations equals 53 years.

smiddy

• cha ching
    cha ching

Very good Smiddy, if I was in the courtroom, the evidence that you presented is clear, easy to understand, and would create "reasonable doubt."

from June of 2010, when this whole "overlapping" thing began... I loved the comment by:

Darth Plageuis: If you knew someone who knew someone who saw someone who knew this guy whose neighbor knew this Uncle that met a guy who once bumped into a guy who knew this Butcher who once caved meat for this guy who lived near the guy who talked to a JW who once met an anointed member who was alive during 1914....... I can buy that.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/194633/2/Explaining-the-NEW-Generation#.UqHcwq-A20A

Oh my my.... what a wicked web they weave, when first they started to deceive....

cha ching....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit