I AM CONFUSED WITH THE JAN STUDY EDITION?? Help me

by Sittingstraight1212 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

" Jesus is king for 1000 years, but y'all know Jehovah is really the King." LOL

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Ask a JW: "How long is Jesus' reign?" Answer: "1,000 years"

Ask a JW: "When did Jesus take his throne as King?" Answer: "1914"

Ask a JW: "So he's already done with 10% of his reign?" Answer: "Well no, you see...."

I guess the Jan 2014 WT answers everything by just saying that Jehovah is really King. (?)

R_O

• pontoon
    pontoon

So who was king previous to the last 100 years? The creator of all things in heaven and on earth, the sovereign of the universe, the almighty, who was king over him before the last 100 yrs?

• Brother Mike
    Brother Mike

jesus is already enthoned as king in heaven since 1914.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Good catch. Two kings one kingdom, or is it two kindgoms? I could not explain it before, I cannot explain it now.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

It's Kingdumb...

• hoser
    hoser

Toronto mayor Rob Ford ghost wrote this article

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Even the first sentence alone doesn't make sense...

"Jehovah will use the Kingdom to unify his family in heaven and on earth."

So WT and the JWs haven't been working in harmony the angels? Does this mean that the heavenly hosts and the earthly borganization are not currently unified? ... Or is this talking about some kinda future earthly and heavenly unity where the angels come down to earth so they can marry all those poor, lonely, JW sisters.

• UBM101
    UBM101

Perhaps they are admitting that the Trinity is true, Jesus = Jehovah

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

The writer of Hebrews describes Jesus as having "offered one sacrifice for sins" and then "sat down (note past tense) at the right hand of God, from then on awaiting until his enemies should be [subdued.]"

• (Hebrews 10:12, 13) . . .But this [man] offered one sacrifice for sins perpetually and sat down at the right hand of God, 13 from then on awaiting until his enemies should be placed as a stool for his feet.

The same writer refers another time to this same application of Psalm 110:1 towards Jesus and again speaks of his having already sat down at God's right hand.

• (Hebrews 1:13) . . .But with reference to which one of the angels has he ever said: “Sit at my right hand, until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet”?

Paul also refers to this same Psalm (110:1) and applies it to Jesus, but replaces 'sitting down at God's right hand' with "rule as king."

• (1 Corinthians 15:24-28) . . .Next, the end, when he hands over the kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. 25 For he must rule as king until [God] has put all enemies under his feet. 26 As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing. 27 For [God] “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that it is with the exception of the one who subjected all things to him. 28 But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone.

So in contrast with the Watchtower, the Bible has Jesus ruling since about 33 CE. And his rule extending 'until all his enemies have been subdued.' It is the ones raised up in Rev 20:4 that "rule as kings with the Christ for a thousand years."

Thus, the words of Rev 12:10 would apply since Jesus' return to heaven in 33 CE:

• ". . .Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our God!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit