" Jehovah's Witnesses " were NOT Jonadabs!!??!?

by DATA-DOG 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Marked

• designs
    designs

The earthly class was also described as the wood gatherers, the non-Israelites, serving the Levite priests. The book RICHES is worth a read if you have it.

• St George of England
    St George of England

WT August 1, 1935 explains about this. ("The Great Multitude", pp 227 - 236.)

For the first time the GC of Revelation and the OS of John 10:16 are identified as being one and the same. I have not read this article for a long time but as I remember no proof was given for this change.

An explanation was also given that the OS and Jonadabs are one and the same. Maybe the following article.

George

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Vindication I (1931), p. 106-108

Who are the ones that receive the mark in their foreheads? Whoever they are, they cry for the abominations that are done in Christendom. It could not have reference to those who come to a knowledge of the truth and who are anointed of the Lord, because such are in “the joy of the Lord” …

The ones marked could not refer to the “great multitude”, or “tribulation” class , because, while it is true that these do mourn and ‘sigh as prisoners’, yet they will not be spared in the great time of trouble, but, on the contrary, they are appointed to die; and when the great assault is made upon the city, they will fall. (Zech. 14:2) They will not be carried through the time of trouble. They will be forced into the time of trouble to take their stand on the side of the Lord, but must die in order to live as spirit creatures .

There is but one other class of people on the earth to whom the prophecy could apply. Within the land of Christendom there is a class of people who are under the Devil’s organization but who are no part of it and do not sympathize with it. They are people of good will who have a desire for righteousness but who have not had an opportunity to learn the truth, this being due to the unfaithfulness of the clergymen in Christendom. … These people of good will are ignorant of God’s Word and his purposes of redemption and deliverance of the human race by and through the ministration of the kingdom. …

The Lord tells of a class of persons whom he will ‘deliver in a time of trouble and keep alive and bless upon the earth’. (Ps. 41:1,2) This must be the class of persons that are often described as ‘the millions now living that will never die’. This is the class of men and women that receive the mark in their foreheads, that is to say, are given some knowledge of God’s purposes to destroy the wicked organization and to establish his own government of righteousness under Christ and according to his promise to bless all the families of the earth.

Vindication III (1932), p.204 - talking about Ezek. 40 and the outer court of the temple:

"It was seven steps above the outside, but was lower than the pavement of the inner court ( I-H ), which is utilized by the royal priesthood. This picture shows the position of the "great multitude". Ever and anon someone advances the conclusion that the "great multitude" will not be a spiritual class. The prophecy of Ezekiel shows that such conclusion is erroneous. The fact that their position is seven steps higher than the outside shows that they must be made spirit creatures."

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The 'spirit-begotten' 144,000 and 'great crowd' were 'spiritual Israel' ("Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen" - Isa. 43:10).

The Jonadabs/'other sheep' were not 'spiritual Israel' but 'companions,' 'people of good will,' 'mixed company' (who accompanied the Israelites during the exodus), 'Jonadabs' (Jonadab accompanied and supported anointed Jehu), 'alien residents,' 'spiritual Gentiles,' etc. and, therefore, could not be counted as 'Jehovah's witnesses.'

Caused some confusion after 1935 when questions started to surface about whether the new-style Jonadabs/earth-bound 'great crowd' class could officiate in JW congregations or be elders etc.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

This must be the class of persons that are often described as ‘the millions now living that will never die’.

I think JFR made up this class as he went along.

All other so-called classes then in existence were either refered to by biblical names or other Bible references.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Good research and thoughts DD. It is SO OBVIOUS now that we have awakened from the fog of lies and deception that is the WT, that all that the Org is and has ever been is a man or group of men making it all up as they go along, all the while claiming that their authority comes directly from God, thereby commanding unquestioning obedience. All of the changes in meaning of GC, Other Sheep, Jonadabs, great multitude, who will and wont survive armageddon, get a resurection, and so on make it so clear that there is no way God ditrcted such twaddle. Just men with delusions of grandeur.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Rutherford's "millions" class was a bust, that much is clear. Thanks to AnnOmally for those nice quotes. How do you make those appear in boxes? They look so much better. Anyway, It was a fact that the Great Multitude was a heavenly class!! Just when I think TTATT can't become any clearer I find something new.

Lurkers, could it be anymore obvious why you are kept on a treadmill of busy work? Do you see why the WTBTS controls information while simultaneously dispensing a never-ending flow of propaganda?

DD

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

DATA-DOG >>> How do you make those appear in boxes?

When in EDIT mode, go to the "HTML" icon.

When the box opens precede and end your written text like this:

<blockquote><p>Your text here</p></blockquote>

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

How do you make those appear in boxes?

Select your text. Press the 'quote' button (between the 'indent' and 'undo' buttons).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit