I'm Returing To Become A Jehovah's Witness Again

by Space Madness 85 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

It seems to me going back to the congregation to find like-minded faders is fraught with pitfalls. What if someone in your intimate group has a fit of conscience and turns you all in? How do you strike up a conversation with a Witness that will expose that they are like-minded?

How about attending ex-JW meetups instead? You will have common roots but at least your "status" will all be out in the open.

• DJS
    DJS

Yeah Space, I think maybe you should change your name to Space Cadet. Going back to befriend like minded JWs viewed as spiritually weak by the Borg? Yeah, that's a good strategy. Designed to gain the bad attention of the elders. Nobody loves you? And you have been out a while? Are you lovable? To have friends you have to be a friend. I'm losing more sympathy for you the longer this thread goes on.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

PRoverbs 26:11

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Space Madness:

What's better? To be conditionally loved by many, or to not be loved by anyone?

False dichotomy. Take the third option.

• LV101
    LV101

I'm glad there's a couple of church recommendations on this thread to refer to my friend who is considering attending meetings again. Seems I go through this drama with her one or twice a yr. I'd much rather she attend the United Church of Christ or the Unitarian Universalists - something like that. Maybe this would help.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Although I no longer believe in the Bible, the atmosphere and positive association will help me become the person I use to be. My life is all negative now and I need something positive to balance it out.

There are alternatives. If you don't believe what the Watchtower teaches, you're not likely to find long term happiness there. It's stressful to always be showing a false front. Look for a group where you can be true to your real self, and you will do better in the years to come. Being a hypocrite is no way to go through life.

Don't discount all religions based on your Watchtower experience (or what they say about other faiths). Few use the incredibly strict literal interetation of scripture they insist on, and nobody else uses their pecuilar version of the Bible. Look around and see if there is something that does resonate with you, that you really can accept as being an authentic path for right living. It is not yet time to surrender!

• mrhhome
    mrhhome

Hi Space Madness,

I confess that I have been wondering for a few days how to respond to this post. I am conflicted on this subject.

(1) On personal level, I feel bad that you feel that you are in a tailspin. These things have a way of working themselves out eventually. I know that it is difficult to see when you are in the middle of it, but they do.

(2) Going back to the Witnesses is going to cause you more harm in the long run. Someday you are going to be married and have children. Do you want them brought up in that organization? Do you want to lose your wife and children when someone finds out how you really feel? As bad as it may seem now, it can get much, much worse.

(3) Have you tried joining a church? For that matter, join a budhist group. If you walked up to someone who is spiritually mature and explained your situation, I think that you will find start finding some friends. Try a couple until you find someplace that you fit in. Unfortunately, the JW are not unique in the dysfunctionality. You may find some nuts in other organizations as well. Heck, take up Karate or BJJ. Join a gym. Something but subject yourself to the JW.

(4) As someone who would like to see the Witness organization self-destruct, there is nothing better than having people who do not believe in their organization going through the motions. Go for it. Bring some other apostates back with you.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Regards,

Mike

• KateWild
    KateWild

Bumped for Space Madness.

Do you remember this thread? We all care about what you are going through, you are a free thinker and you have a good mind. Do you sometimes get very lonely it overwhelms you?

Some who have social difficulties are at a vulnerability to the love bombing of cults.

We care about you Space Madness.

Keep on posting take care love Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

Ruby,

I can post. Strange??? Kate xx

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

i can post now

you are a very sensible young lady kate. I still think you can run for office

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit