MY 10 YEAR OLD COMES HOME FROM SPECIAL ASSEMBLY DAY AND SAYS...

by PaintedToeNail 28 Replies latest jw friends

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

"There was a kid who turned down a college scholarship so he could pioneer. How stupid! I would do anything to have a scholarship." Smart girl! This was seriously the very first thing she said after 'Hi".

It is obvious the WTBTS is back on their horse about not getting a decent education, rather pioneer, and oh yeah, don't forget to donate your meager earnings to us, as it is SUCH a privilege to use unrighteous riches in such a manner.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

They did the same speech in 1984, when I was a junior in High School. I had the same reaction as your 10 year old. Just, keep reminding/showing her the fallacies as she gets older.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Smart girl indeed!

Deleted.

• steve2
    steve2

In 1970, I was paraded before an audience of dutifully applauding witnesses at one of our circuit assemblies as having turned down the opportunity to enrol in a tertiary institution to do its core preparatory course for studying journalism.

I even quoted what my dear (now deceased) JW mother said to me when she "persuaded" me not to seek higher education: "You won't need it because we'll be in the new system even before you're training's completed".

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Smart Kid!..

......................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• watson
    watson

I personally know a kid that had a full ride scholarship for CHESS. Brilliant. But, he turned it down so he could pursue theocratic goals. He was sent to Ministerial School, (think that's what they call it) and now serves a remote congregation in the US. When he told me this a couple of years ago, it was very hard to listen to.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I had 11 high school qualifications and was also used as a dancing monkey on the platform, I was given quite harsh statements to be repeated by our old school CO back then, eg "How else could you spend your youth if you beleive this is the truth?"

I feel bad about such instances. As someone about to leave higher education, over 15 years after saying those things..... I know how dangerous and inappropriste they are.

go learn x

• Gayle
    Gayle

Wow, may more JW 10-year olds be so smart!

• Scott77
    Scott77

These unfortunate kids at behest of their brainwashed parents, seems to be a special target for the Watchtower. Up to this time,I fail to understand why the Watchtower is against higher education when itself is allegedly been sending some handpicked bethelites to universities to persue programs it deems beneifial to itself. Is not this a double standard?

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit