serious question for evolutionist,

by unstopableravens 220 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

or like this...

lol

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well, you are a sloppy thinker. This thread won't go in a good direction, it won't add to the conversation, it will devolve in to tired old arguments and nobody will be better off.

• Syme
    Syme

[dazed : if humans where to evovle into something else would that not be super human?]

NO. Evotution is a BLIND, NATURAL, IMPERSONAL process. It does not have a goal in mind! Evolution does not progress towards "superior" humans or chimps or whatever. It does not progress towards inferior humans either. It is just a natural-occuring adaptation to changing environments.

There are many books out there that can help you understand the basic natural laws that shape life on Earth, and clear up any popular misconceptions about evolution.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

you guys believe for us to get where we are now it took 2oo million plus years, what will thinks be like in another 2oo million years? point being if everything started from strach and here we are after alot of evoultion, why is it so far fetched to believe in some of the abilitys of of mind reading, flying etc... i dont believe it ,because i dont except evoultion, but you who do, why are you so sure its impossable?

• bohm
    bohm

unstopable: please please PLEASE read a book on evolution before you form your oppinion. People like Ray Comfort delibrately pretend to be uninformed to give "common-man" arguments against evolution which allow them to get rich by selling DVDs.

For the love of sanity, PLEASE!

To answer your question; no, ofcourse not. There is nothing that indicate our brain (for instance) can generate magnetic a magnetic field like eg. magneto and if it could it would be a very, very bad idea to do so (water is slightly magnetic).

But you are correct we are evolving all the time. Look at the different races which has originated, some have sort of superpowers, for instance the innuits have a metabolism adapted to eating very fatty food and I saw a documentary about a tribe in africa which (or so it was claimed) had special bone structure in their lower legs which give them advantages when running 10'000m race.

My special superpower? I metabolise alcohol well and drink milk.

• LucidChimp
    LucidChimp

You don't believe it.

We don't believe it.

Thread dead.

• cofty
    cofty

Unstop, you need to stop listening to buffoons like Ray Comfort and actually read some books for grown-ups.

You could read this thread...

"The making of the fittest" by Sean B Carroll

"Evolution, what the fossils say" by Donald Prothero

"Why Evolution is true" by Jerry Coyne

"Your Inner Fish" by Neil Shubin

"The Greatest Show on Earth" by Dawkins (summary of some of it here)

"Life Ascending" by Nick Lane

"Endless Forms Most Beautiful" by Sean B. Carroll.

• bohm
    bohm

unstop: why is it so far fetched to believe in some of the abilitys of of mind reading

This is not *extremely* far-fetched, for instance one could imagine a species that used different parts of the electromagnetic spectrum to communicate. But mind-reading in terms of "magic" has some obvious problems, like not being supported by the known laws of nature.

unstop: flying etc

Think about the large-scale reorganization that need to go into making a human able to fly... it is very hard to see how the intermediate steps could offer an advantage.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

This might begin to explain future evolution for you. It’s only 4 minutes long. You do realize evolution takes tens of thousands or more year’s right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZxCn7YgYJ8

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

dazed: it was alot of guessing and assuming, i did think the brain size thing is interseting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit