Why do Jehovah's Witnesses keep track of field service hours?

by Faithful Witness 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Even in the scenario I posted above, where hours are reported, but no one knows by whom, the C.O would be sent in to sort out this rebellious mob.

He would have to rely on rules from men only, as, of course, there is no scriptural reason to report hours at all, let alone put your name on the Time slip/card.

The thing is you would never get a whole Congo. to do as I said, but there simply is no reason for names on cards apart from CONTROL.

• KateWild
    KateWild

phizzy,

I accept control, in one factor, but it all boils down to money. As I stated a few pages ago. They would need to exert mind control if they didn't want to make money off the vulnerable.

So really it's all about the money, only mind controlled dubs donate. Some are even beyond that, so report cards, hours, items on the platform, placements of littertrash and DONATIONS all make a JW feel spiritual.

phizzy your point is correct, but to use capitals like you, it does all point to the making of a lot of MONEY lol!

I love you phizzy, Kate xx

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

Matthew 6:1-4

Jesus warns us about practicing righteousness in order to be recognized by men.

A field service report is turned in each month, for review by a body of men, who then determine your spiritual health. I don't see how this practice is following Christ's command. These are rules set forth by men.

What if you still did your service, but kept it between you and Jehovah? He sees it all, and only rewards the good deeds you do NOT report.

I guess I'm stuck. I can't understand why you need a body of men or a circuit overseer to evaluate your spiritual well-being.

Faithful Witness , those verses in Matt have absolutely nothing to do with why Jehovah's Witnesses report field service time. Likewise those verses don't shed a negative light on why Circuit Overseers or Elders pay attention to the activities of active publishers in the congregation. Field Service time isn't shared with the entire congregation. Years ago, the hours spent and the literature placed, was put on display for the whole congregation to see. If that were still the case, than MAYBE I would see how you could apply Matt 6:1-4 to what we're discussing. To the contrary, field service activity recorded on time slips is submitted discreetly, and only the Elder Body, and CO have access to those number.

Again for emphasis, the primary reason behind the need for recording the hours spent in the ministry, and counting of literature dispensed, is so that it can be accounted for in an effort to avoid waste all the while remaining cognizant of supply and demand. Secondarily, the numbers are also analyzed to get an idea of how individuals, congregations, circuits, and hence the entire organization is doing, spiritually. Remember, the primary goal of Jehovah's Witnesses is to support Christ's brothers (Matt 25:40) and follow his commission to increase discipleship which ultimately brings attention to God's Kingdom and praise to His holy name.-Matt 28:1, 20; John 17:6-8.

Jehovah's Witnesses don't pat themselves on the back, we don't do self-attaboys. While not perfect, we do strive to be proficient and frugal considering that our work is done on a volunteer basis. We're not a business.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

How many hours did you report last month, SFPW?

BTW,

Jesus rebuked him and set an example for us saying, "Man must live, not on bread alone, but on every utterance coming forth through Jehovah’s mouth."

Jesus never used the word "Jehovah." Ever.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It is simply to keep up the pressure on their members to preach and this is where you see a commercial operation rather than a religious one what serious religion would ever do something like this? Of course the members if they do not like this religion any more and are smart they can put in hours without actually doing them after all they don't get paid for this work.

• adamah
    adamah

SFPW said-

Secondarily, the numbers are also analyzed to get an idea of how individuals, congregations, circuits, and hence the entire organization is doing, spiritually. Remember, the primary goal of Jehovah's Witnesses is to support Christ's brothers (Matt 25:40) and follow his commission to increase discipleship which ultimately brings attention to God's Kingdom and praise to His holy name.-Matt 28:1, 20; John 17:6-8.

Just curious, then, SFPW: do you count and record the time you spend posting on JWN in your total monthly hours for "field service"?

Or would you even be allowed to disclose that to "a householder" in "field service"?

Or would that fall under "theocratic warfare" and hence give you a God-forgiven excuse to tell a lie to "a householder" (or everyone on JWN, as the case may be)?

Adam

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Again for emphasis, the primary reason behind the need for recording the hours spent in the ministry, and counting of literature dispensed, is so that it can be accounted for in an effort to avoid waste all the while remaining cognizant of supply and demand.

STFU......did you ever hold any positions of responsibility in a KH? Literature supply & demand is based upon what the individual publishers claim they need for FS. It has nothing to do with the monthly FS report. The literature printed at Bethel is based on the Cong. order. Damn....I've been out of the cult since 1995 and know this part of the scam. You do know the Cong. gets billed by the Watchtower for this literture? The Watchtower makes sure they get their money.

Secondarily, the numbers are also analyzed to get an idea of how individuals, congregations, circuits, and hence the entire organization is doing, spiritually.

STFU.....you know how apostates can tell how the Watchtower cult is doing spiritually? The closed WT Branches, the laid-off Bethel slaves, the 16 page Watchtower magazine, the money paid out because of the Watchtower pedophile scandal.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I'm just diggin the way AlphaMan is calling Stand For Pure Worship (otherwise known around these parts as Miz) STFU. . . !!

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

In reply to SFPW:

Faithful Witness , those verses in Matt have absolutely nothing to do with why Jehovah's Witnesses report field service time. Likewise those verses don't shed a negative light on why Circuit Overseers or Elders pay attention to the activities of active publishers in the congregation.

Rejection without a reason.

Years ago, the hours spent and the literature placed, was put on display for the whole congregation to see. If that were still the case, than MAYBE I would see how you could apply Matt 6:1-4 to what we're discussing.

So the verses DID apply?

To the contrary, field service activity recorded on time slips is submitted discreetly, and only the Elder Body, and CO have access to those numbers.

And here comes the classic Watchtower doublespeak. Does Matt 6 1:4 say "men" or "all men"? Are Elders and COs men or not? After all they are quickly identified as "imperfect men" when they slip up. . .

SFPW, you either lack logic skills or are being deliberately disingenious.

Retro

*written without a head covering :) *

• blondie
    blondie

The scriptures always quoted to me by the elders why to turn time in was the fact that the Bible shows that the number baptized in the first century were counted....but only the men and only twice in the Bible. Should we think that no one else was baptized after that? And there is no mention of counting hours or books or magazines or tracts.

(Acts 4:4) However, many of those who had listened to the speech believed, and the number of the men became about five thousand.

(Acts 2:41) Therefore those who embraced his word heartily were baptized, and on that day about three thousand souls were added.

*** km 1/97 p. 7 Question Box ***

Why should we report our field service activity promptly each month?

All of us feel a sense of joy when we hear about good things being accomplished in preaching the Kingdom message. (See Proverbs 25:25.) Acts 2:41 reports that following Peter’s stirring discourse on the day of Pentecost, “about three thousand souls were added.” A short time later, that number had grown to “about five thousand.” (Acts 4:4) How exhilarating those reports must have been to the first-century Christians! We react the same way to encouraging reports today. We are thrilled to hear about the success our brothers enjoy in preaching the good news worldwide.

*** km 6/80 p. 2 Meetings to Help Us Make Disciples ***

A Good Report.” (Prov. 25:25) (To be handled by the secretary.) Joy and encouragement were experienced when many new ones first joined the Christian faith. (Acts 4:1-4) We too are encouraged by their service reports. Our reports likewise bring praise.

*** km 4/71 p. 3 par. 2 “Is That All I Reported?” ***

What can be done to improve reporting? One thing is to have the overall view that we are a part of an organization and our accurate report of our individual efforts helps to make possible a complete record of congregation activity. Such a record provides encouragement to all of us, it serves as a guide in providing spiritual aid to those who need it and it assists in the orderly oversight of the preaching work.—Acts 2:41; 4:4; 8:14.

*** km 1/97 p. 7 Question Box ***

Why should we report our field service activity promptly each month?

All of us feel a sense of joy when we hear about good things being accomplished in preaching the Kingdom message. (See Proverbs 25:25.) Acts 2:41 reports that following Peter’s stirring discourse on the day of Pentecost, “about three thousand souls were added.” A short time later, that number had grown to “about five thousand.” (Acts 4:4) How exhilarating those reports must have been to the first-century Christians! We react the same way to encouraging reports today. We are thrilled to hear about the success our brothers enjoy in preaching the good news worldwide.

Since much time and effort are involved in compiling such reports, the cooperation of every Kingdom publisher is essential. Are you conscientious about turning in your report promptly each month?

Reports of increases bring us much joy. Additionally, reports help the Society to monitor the progress of the worldwide work. Decisions have to be made as to where more help may be needed or the type and amount of literature to be produced. Elders in each congregation use field service reports to determine where improvement can be made. Good reports are upbuilding, motivating all of us to examine our own ministry for possible improvements.

All publishers need to appreciate their individual responsibility to turn in a field service report promptly each month. Congregation Book Study conductors are in a good position to remind the publishers of this responsibility, since they are also alert to give personal assistance to those who may have some difficulty sharing in the field service regularly each month. This reminder could be given at the last book study each month or at another appropriate time. If there is no opportunity to turn in field service reports at the Kingdom Hall, the Congregation Book Study conductor can collect them and see that they are given to the secretary in time to be included with the congregation’s regular monthly report to the Society.

Our diligence in faithfully reporting our field service activity promptly makes the load lighter for those responsible for our spiritual well-being.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit