Feb. 2014 WT , whats this all about???

by Crazyguy 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I think, unfortunately, that Oubliette is correct. I say 'unfortunately' because it is truly sad that the Watch Tower Society is that arrogant.

P.S. They're wrong. The 70 weeks has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus. At all. Not even a little bit.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Man, I was looking at this thread and trying to be interested, but my eyes kept crossing and I thought-how cool is it that I just don't give a crap about this nonsense anymore!!!!

I used to get into these arguments/theories/teachings-I used to be so invested in proving (something). I just don't care anymore.

Happy, Happy, JOY! JOY!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

More stabs in the dark trying to pin Armageddon into the next few years. Of course, once those few years elapse, they have to reset their start points. Which creates a big mess.

If they didn't do that, they would have Armageddon possibly more than 100 years into the future. And who wants to sell out for a judgment that is coming way into the next few generations? Who would cut way back on their work so they can get an "urgent" message out when the due date is some 400 or 500 years later? Many of us have had problems writing up term papers with due dates 2 weeks ahead, let alone giving up everything when Judgment might come a few hundred years from now.

Besides what happens when you threaten a destruction based on a work of fiction. The whole account was written up to coerce people into slavery, and it has worked. None of the stories you see in the LIE-ble actually happened. But, many xians take them as literal, having been written down to warn of coming destruction. Then cults manipulate other scriptures that are equally fictitious, creating these endless sequences of short dates. I could, using the same scriptures, "prove" that destruction is coming something like 6,000 years in the future and no sooner. Since the basis on which this is made is a lie, my prediction would be just as bad as the washtowel's that it is coming within the next 6 months to 2 years.

At least when I try to predict something, I base my predictions on what is actually happening now. And I don't always (or even usually) get the dates anywhere near right. However, I have a better chance of being right enough to make sensible preparations because I look at what is happening now, not at some fiction written some 1400 years (or more) ago. And, even if I am wrong, at least I am ready for the next storm, and I have silver that cannot be "bail-in" 'd away.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Data-Dog and Oubliette are quite possibly right, and I mis-read it. I suppose only time will tell. However, it does seem out of place. Why even bring that up in the first place. And for anyone who's been a JW for long enough, we've had this drilled into us that the Jews were in expectation because of this prophecy. I know. I gave many talks to that effect over the years. Maybe I'm one of the ones who the WT will eventually label, "some", as in 'some Witnesses were saying that the prophecy in Daniel 9:24-27 applied to the arrival of the Messiah, but they were wrong'. LOL!

• ADJUSTMENTS
    ADJUSTMENTS

Pixel I think what they are trying to do is point the finger and say "hey look we're not the only ones who got dates wrong" !!! SMH!!! WBATS are a JOKE!!! They dont even know if the first century Jews got it wrong they are just speculating but they are trying to take the heat off of themselves and point out some people who have been dead almost 2,000 years!!! How sick is that???

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I haven't read the article but based on your quote:

"While that possibility cannot be ruled out, it cannot be confirmed. The fact is that there were many conflicting interpretations of the 70 weeks in Jesus’ day"

It is simply saying that one can not say what they believed back then. Nothing controversial about that.

We get the formula from Daniel. 483 years ends in Jesus' baptism, then the last 7 years, half the week was his death, then it fully ended in 36 CE.

It adds up. Nothing controversial about this prophesy and fulfillment at all.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Is their dates correct, since they change alot of dates and times to continue the lie of 607?

• cantleave
    cantleave

This is an enormous change of direction, so why the f*ck are the R and F JW's not seeing through the BS?

• L3G
    L3G

RIGHT ON, BLONDIE. We may be seeing here the first step in a much bigger change in their chronological conjecturings.

It has the earmarks of such...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit