Pages 1766-1767 of the 2013 NWT

by Doug Mason 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Cross-reference: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/266231/1/Satan-thrown-to-earth-about-1914#.Uo9UKMREHGF

The "about 1914" thing is a sign they've given up trying to pin down when Satan was thrown out of heaven. Their past timescales have been pretty varied. See THIS POST in above thread.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Clownbags.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Phizzy:

The Society has an explanation for why WWI and October 1914 do not coincide. Its in the w72 6/1 p.352. If you don't have it I'll copy here.

Take Care

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Just had to comment on this part of the QFR Bobcat cited:

w72 6/1 p. 352 Questions From Readers:

The start of that sanguinary conflict was doubtless part of his [Satan's] scheme to blind persons to what had happened in the heavens in fulfillment of Bible prophecy and also, if at all possible, to hinder the Kingdom from ruling over the world of mankind.

Satan's scheme was so successful that NOBODY - not even the anointed, chosen Bible Students - discerned what happened in the heavens in the Fall of 1914, nor did they discern it for a couple of decades afterward!

But the FDS/GB/Writing Department don't tell anybody that, do they?

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

'ABOUT' will become the new "new light" word since it has no definite time line and can easily be adjusted to fit the latest "new light".

'ABOUT' will replace such catch all words like---- 'apparently', 'evidently', 'clearly', (and my favorite) 'soooooon'.3

eyeuse2badub

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Thank you so much for drawing this to my attention.

Now, please excuse me. Thank you. Now I can write.

After decades of my life, listening, and being directed by megalomaniacs, who said they were listening to God my question is:

Did God get it WRONG or did the Swelled Heads at Brooklyn, get it WRONG????? Who was not talking or listening correctly?

They preached Oct 1914... ALWAYS as an ABSOLUTE date. Now, it has been replaced with 'About'?

Did anyone notice in their timeline, there is no Great Tribulation, no Armageddon (not even mentioned that they have published that it has been just around the corner for how many decades??? No time line of survivors going around marking bones to be buried). The next timeline is called 'Future'. hahahahaha

I wonder if their Legal Department told them what to write??? hahahahaha

Watch Tower has ALWAYS been a made up, as they go along, religion. 'Get out of her my people, if you do not want to share in their foolishness'.

LoisLane

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

If the WTS was writing about "God's rule", then why did it not include its view that "God's Kingdom Rule" undertook its major change in focus in 1914?

Its picture of Satan being cast out is not "God's Rule". That picture is a story about Satan, not about the Kingdom.

CTR expected the outbreak of peace in October 1914, Rutherford was still teaching the 1874 Parousia as late as 1930.

How could "heaven's time" be synchronised with time on Earth, anyway? Does heaven have a clone solar system? Does heaven rotate in syncronism with earth's rotation about its axis?

Doug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit