Which came first, man or woman?

by sleepy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• sleepy
    sleepy

If men were created in the image of God , and women created for men , then why do all foetuses start off female?

According to the bible Eve was created out of Adam.
    Well I can't speak for Adam but the basic body structure of a human it seams starts off as female , men branching off at a certain point of developement due to man making hormones.It doen't get rid of our nipples though.
    If men came first or are in some way superior in Gods eyes then why the need to develope as a female first , shouldn't it be the other way round?

So shouldn't have god made eve first?

• seedy3
    seedy3

Sleepy,

Acording to Jewish tradition Eve was not the first woman, she was the second, Lilith was the first and she was created at the same time as Adam.

Seedy

• U.2.K.
    U.2.K.

Jewish People dont believe Christ is the messiah, so I aint gonna believe a word they saying, Cause Christ told'em that they need him, they need a messiah, but they aint listening...oh well, it's not my life!

• Matty
    Matty

Really? Lilith was the first woman? Is that the same Lilith that is Frasiers ex? God help us all!

• seedy3
    seedy3

LOL Matty,
    Different Lilith, but I always thought whe was CUTE. LOL

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Sleepy,

According to Jewish tradition (and scripture) both men and women are created in God's image. Note,

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him, MALE AND FEMALE he created them." Gen 1:27 Besides which, our being created in the divine image has NOTHING to do with our body shape or what hangs (or doesn't hang) between our legs. Rather, it has to do with our capacity to love, our capacity for mercy and creativity, etc and OUR IMMORTAL SOUL (denied of course, by JW's everywhere).

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• joelbear
    joelbear

thank God men have nipples

• Liberty
    Liberty

Hi Sleepy,

You are clearly seeing evidence which proves that the Bible does not scientifically explain the "creation" process. Evolution fits the evidence far better, as it is clear that sexual reproduction came way after other forms of reproduction which are still used by simpler life forms today (various asexual means). Sexual dimorphism (specialized sex difference) is a very late development and this is why male characteristics are secondary mutations of "female" forms, hence males with useless nipples. So yes, this proves the creation sequence described by the Bible or even its apocryphil additions are utter nonsense.

Even if men and women were created by God at the same time it does not explain why male body parts are mutated from female forms in the original developing fetus. An intellegent God would not inspire the bogus, fanciful, and flat untrue nonsense found in the Bible. The Bible is just another of many ancient myth books written by mere mortals who had a limited understanding of the natural world.

• SYN
    SYN

More damning evidence! Nice post, Liberty!

Every religion is the One True Religion.

• Teirce
    Teirce

Natalie Angier wrote a NYTimes bestseller "Woman" that dealt with this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit