ARE THEY RAMPING UP THE FEAR MONGERING AGAIN?

by im stuck in 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sir82
    sir82

"Again"???

That implies they stopped at some point.

The appeal to fear is oneof the strongest weapons they have - they've never relented.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

ummm you guys know that the whole go-bag thing is something FEMA and other organizations have talked about forever, right? They've stressed it a lot more since Hurricane Katrina. WT has sent this information out before over the past couple years. It's nothing new.

• adamah
    adamah

WT said-

"(3) At that time, the lifesaving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not."

Huh, I thought that was all about whipping up the troops into a frenzy for the recent Worldwide purple pamphlet distribution work? No talking at the door, just handing out pamphlets in a coordinated effort!

Just another meaningless periodic fire drill, an exercise or excuse to keep the troops on their toes and create a false sense of urgency.

BB said-

ummm you guys know that the whole go-bag thing is something FEMA and other organizations have talked about forever, right? They've stressed it a lot more since Hurricane Katrina. WT has sent this information out before over the past couple years. It's nothing new.

True, but it shows what severe lack of faith they place in Jesus' orders when he dispatched his disciples out on their preaching work, in Matt 10:

9 “Do not get any gold or silver or copper to take with you in your belts— 10 no bag for the journey or extra shirt or sandals or a staff, for the worker is worth his keep."

29 " Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. b 30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."

Jesus didn't tell his disciples to pack emergency supplies in "go bags"!

What heresy, following the prudent and reasonable practices of mere men (FEMA) over placing one's faith in Jesus and Jehovah!

Adam

• flipper
    flipper

IM STUCK IN- Good thread, thanks for posting it. Sir 82 has a good point- they've ALWAYS used fear mongering, but yes I believe you are correct as well that as more time goes by they are ramping up the fear EVEN MORE the longer time goes by without the alleged " end of the system " or alleged " Armageddon". These JW's are all being scammed and told to wait for an " Armageddon " that ain't never gonna happen man. I mean- WT leaders KNOW that a lot of JW's are going to start talking about " 100 years since 1914 " with STILL NO Armageddon happening. The failed expectations of the WT Society are going to come back to bite the WT leaders in the a$$- believe me. In time some JW's are going to leave like what happened after 1975 came and went. Perhaps not a BIG exodus- but a gradual one as time goes by.

It's like Steve Hassan stated about mind control cults like Jehovah's Witnesses & the WT Society in his introduction on his 2nd book " Releasing the Bonds- Empowering People to Think for Themselves " he stated, " Relationships in mind control groups are usually based on the conditions of obedience and membership. Once the member passes the " honeymoon " phase and these conditions are made evident, friends and family have the potential for increasing a positive influence over time. Time is on their side because mind control is never one hundred percent, because the human spirit wants to be free, and because, ultimately, CULTS DO NOT DELIVER WHAT THEY PROMISE. "

Emphasis on the capitalized words. So ALL Jehovah's Witnesses will die of old age, accidents, sickness like the rest of the human race and JW's are NOT special people as they have been told to believe. The WT Society has been lying to it's people for 134 years now since 1879 and those lies will continue as long as WT leaders see that some JW's will buy into the false crap and false promises. It's what mind control cults do. Playing upon people's deepest fears in order to make money and maintain ultimate control over their lives. It's sad, but a fact. It's up to us to be here for JW relatives when their blinders fall off and they are left with nothing to hope for and the WT Society spits them out. Kinda how I see things

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This "Go Bag" thing is definitely interpreted as an "Armageddon Survival Kit" - although the context of the counsel given was in respect of a natural disaster. The jumpy dubs just love to take it as evidence that the end is close..

Officially suppplied ? not so far but certainly through J W associated sources, marketing "theocratic products" :

http://www.bennettcards.co.uk/product-category/140/Emergency-Go-Bag/

• d
    d

Yes I think so. Some Jw's I talk to are always talking about how this is it.But I think with the storms we had lately their even more fired up.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

I love the idea of the "birds" being raised again. Back in the late 60's this was all the rage, a real "sign" of how close the end was. As for the "go" bag, well, let's just say that if the Bible's version of Armaggedon is correct, no go bag, no matter how large or well stocked will amount to anything.

Fear is a great tool. It stands apart from reason and moves shallow people to do cowardly things. -

SOP

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I think the "Go Bag" has been a redirection from, "the organization of brothers are ready to take care of us at any moment of need."

As much as they've preached that Jehovah, the organization, and the brothers are there for you in any hour of need, that's not really what they want you to do. They really want you to rely on yourself first, then your fleshly family and the government. The few times the organization is prepared to do anything, you can expect that it will be exploited for Watchtower PR.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I suspect that the message is the same as it has been for generations. Now that you are listening with an open objective mind you actual hear the words and are appauled. If this is a good description of your experience then it certainly fits my experience.

You are making progress. You get a "G."

• anonymouz
    anonymouz

Since when it boils down to it, the GB can't even secure themselves, why would they direct human trust to an organization? Well we know part of that answer, but it appears there is more to it. Now if these have no faith in Jesus and his "twelve legions of angels" to handle and "emergency", a circuit crew and FEMA are not going to be able to actually provide even security for themselves if a true bio/chem condition arose.

Thus following a Bethel robot command to follow the organizational "special forces" is pointless because the GB is itself a target and so is the rest of the organizational structure of JWs a general target, as the command structure is only utitlized until no longer necessary. And I mean not an earthquake or tornado, but the event that 11/15 WT was alluding to. It is impossible a remore crew of Bethel elites have also mapped out all the "safe houses" in the world except for their own.

And like the principle in Jeremiah, all Bethel is doing is sending JWs to "Egypt" for a security hoax Bethel cannot provide for itself in any more real fashion as relying on an organization is the essence of lack of faith in God.

I recommend doing the opposite of any organizational commands, and at best not even being stuck in the JW spider web to even hear those commands which will simply collect JWs to central locales in as many potential circumstances which that can be arranged.

There are too many Bethel red flags of disloyalty to even God (UN NGO), so they are not going to treasure loyalty to man or amongst themselves when it comes down to the last sandwhich. In the faithless hierarchy that runs Bethel it will eventually be every man for himself, as organizational faith has replaced any faith in God or Christ, and that cascades down to the elder body to some degree, so the whole place is also like Jerusalem of old in an idolatrous condition. More and more red flags indicate Jesus will provide an angel if a true faithful believer is stuck, but will have to abandon the organization just as it abandoned him.

In times of emergency put faith in God and Christ alone. In the meantime due to all the red flags at Bethel it is safest to exit the JW org trap NOW. While you still can, and not get caught up in a JW sweep propelled by a premature fear and confusion of the "end of the world anyday now!". It is Bethel that can end any day now and is spiritually dead and in danger and they hope their personal illusion can also protect misled JWs like in Isaiah 28, a modern picture of Bethel and it's "stronghold of a lie" will also be swept away in organizational resources.

One of Bethel's red flags is treachery. It is better to observe Christ's words concerning the UN NGO placement at Bethel at Matt24:15 as the 1990 Dan11:31 Bethel UN co-dedications, and leave JWs now, they are not under the organizational blessing which merely is another repeating delusion similar to many in history, like "apostate Jerusalem", and Bethel is it's main temple of also UN alliances - the GB is it's golden calf of superfine apostles (2Cor11:13-15; Rev2:2). One sign of treachery is that Bethel never has officially informed all JWs of the UN NGO, so some JWs who would leave due to that are having it purposely hidden from them.

It appears Bethel is a Titanic still at dock, so time to abandon ship while it is still possible. A camping trip "at that time" would be safer than any Bethel delusion or assistance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit