time to reboot jwn??? attn. tech49, formerlongtime elder, others.

by nowwhat? 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

nowwhat? You have free speech here. If you want to promote the bible and "bible principles" carry on.

If you make up yor own facts be prepared to defend them. What could possibly be wrong with that?

• Suraj Khan
    Suraj Khan

Simon is the river and we are the field. All sorts of flowers and trees have sprung up since he started the site.

While he could cut off the water supply if it suits him, most of the field here is a communal creation. We'll see our share of weeds here too, nourished by the same water.

The best advice I could give you is to harvest what you will from this board or simply enjoy the scenery. If you don't like the look of the land, there's plenty of other places to explore.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

If you don't like the site, there are plenty of places to hang out. Don't you agree with the old tract: "Why is it wise to examine your religion?"

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

boy am i pissing off alot of people, sorry do'nt want to make enemies, . but in a nutshell the main thing that bothers me is when someone gripes about the watchtower etc. too many athiests chime in and say that's what you get for believing in a religion or God. and as i said orginally, instead of a haven, many are getting turned off from this website. this is my last response for this thread just want to let you know where i'm coming from

• Tech49
    Tech49

I am sure that I speak for many when I say that most times, we are still here. I dont have to agree with the musings of many of the posts on this site, but I can appreciate the diversity of those doing the posting. Whatever their reason(s), and there are many, all of us have been affected by an organization (WT in particular) in one form or another, good or bad... and so we are here.

I can't take issue with those who see a title (Elder, MS, Pioneer, etc) as something to be angry at, to be spit out. Many of their, and our, issues (anger, hurt, rage) come from those who hold or have held a position, or a title. If you have a problem with me clarifying my postings with a previously-held-title, It's ok, I get it.

Holding a title however, whether now, or in the past, does not in itself garner wisdom. Quite to the contrary, in most cases.

That being said, I would like to think that my time serving in positions of "authority" in the congregation have given me, not wisdom, but experience. Experiences that can only be fully appreciated now, in reflection. Experiences that maybe none of us can fully understand, but as we struggle to put the pieces together every day, we find solace. All of us have such experiences, to varying degrees of course, in fact wisdom! Regardless of position, title, rank, file, or color, we all are here for a similar purpose... to find peace.

No, I dont hold any special powers, nor any levels of high intelligence bestowed upon me by WT.....I appreciate the diversity of the masses, and the anonymity of the unnamed. I don't have to agree with it all, but all of us can agree to take the discussions in, and learn a little something from them all.

Always watching and listening,

Jack Harper, Tech49

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

// boy am i pissing off alot of people, sorry do'nt want to make enemies, . but in a nutshell the main thing that bothers me is when someone gripes about the watchtower etc. too many athiests chime in and say that's what you get for believing in a religion or God. and as i said orginally, instead of a haven, many are getting turned off from this website. this is my last response for this thread just want to let you know where i'm coming from//

I don't think you are pissing anyone off. I welcome your critique... but don't you think that atheism is at least one of the logical expectations we can have from exJWs?
    That a mix of atheists and theists should be here is to be expected in my opinion.

Maybe there are more atheists here? Not sure...
    In any case, if this is your last response, how can this help your fellow theists?
    I would imagine that thru your OP you would keep vocal, no?

• clarity
    clarity

Christopher Hitchens was atheist. We would have been honoured

to have that man, with that mind, with that critical thinking,

with that drive, with that devotion ... on JWN!

>

The world is the poorer without him,

>

So who is to say, who should be "DF'd" from here?

Who is to say, that none of you,.. are not another Hitchens?

>

Live & let live ...Mr/Mrs nowwhat!

clarity

• Simon
    Simon

No, we simply don't put up with incessant exclamations of how wonderful God / Christ is, how he loves you, me, everyone so much (everyone except starving children apparently) and how it is 100% right and should not be questioned dammit!!

Dogmatism isn't welcome here because most of us already had too much of it.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

wow....

• bohm
    bohm

man, there are 2-3 boards around which limit conversation to whats deemed sufficiently in agreement with the board owners religious beliefs. Why not go there and when you get boored to tears of having noahs ark found for the 600th time come back here? Even better, have multiple accounts and sample the intellectual climate?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit