Born Again Christians and JWs should look at the bigger picture and stop fighting with each other.

by booker-t 42 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

not based on facts but what they thought.

No you missed the point. The facts about Pluto didn't change.

Astronomers used to label Pluto as a planet and then they decided it was preferable define it otherwise. So what?

What has any of this got to do with your preference to believe things that contradict irrefutable facts?

• cantleave
    cantleave

A change in definition shows that we have learned more about classifying planets, a necessity facilited by discovery. It wasn't that long ago that we only knew of those planets in our own solar system, we are now finding them everywhere. The more we discover the more we can start to differentiate them. I am sure at some point our definition of gas giants, rocky planets, dwarf planets and moons will also be challenged.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

you feel that way about me and i feel the same with you. but to call something a cult is way off base

• cofty
    cofty

But we have 100% of the evidence.

to call something a cult is way off base

Really? Isn't this a cult support forum?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty: let me be more clear a born again christian a cult( i was speking within the context of what we were spesking about

• never a jw
    never a jw

Unstopable

Cult, planet. It's all semantics. However, planet or the redefined alternative remains a fact. It's an object orbiting the sun.

The word cult refers to a religion. However, the more modern usage of the word carries a negative connotation. From your own beliefs (Hell, Adam and Eve, etc) I'd say that you belong to a dogmatic religion that demands adherence to concepts that either have been proven false or can not be proven. Therefore,, since you are in denial of reality, you belong to a cult.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

never a j dub:your correct that the word cult is not a postive term, thats why i dont like my good friend cofty to use that to describe my beliefs, because we are nothing like jw, mormons, etc.

• cofty
    cofty

we are nothing like jw, mormons, etc

Just like JWs and Mormons you are required to believe a whole range of things that contradict reality.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

well im heading to my cult i mean church ,i will talk to you all later:)

• cofty
    cofty

Tell them evolution is a scientific fact and see how welcome you are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit