Dubbies stopped by

by rebel8 16 Replies latest jw friends

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

I got that tract through my door a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't believe how basic it was!

I vote for the winter solstice!

• stuckinlimbo
    stuckinlimbo

I am saddened by the comments regarding not being bothered about helping people trapped in the cult. Remember many (most) JWs are born-ins. Some of the biggest light bulb moments for me as a teenager came from discussions with "people in the field". I am grateful they told me what they knew as although none of their comments made me immediately leave, the puzzle pieces came together over the years.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

stuckinlimbo... well said

• jws
    jws

The way I see it, for every dub that you get out, that's one less that'll be trying to convert somebody.

Me, some Saturdays nothing's going on. I also feel that for every minute they spend talking to me, that's time they won't be talking to somebody else. Which is totally wasted time for them because I'll never convert back. And possibly not wasted time for me because something I say may weaken them.

But to each his own. You've got to decide your commitment level. And that wasn't one of your options.

Ordering tracks and defacing them? eh. Besides you, who'll see them? Although I like some of the ideas somebody said. Somebody should scan some of their publications and alter the pics of paradise to have zombie hordes instead.

I think if you invite them on Dec 21 at noon to celebrate solstice, they'll just ignore you.

I like the speaking in tongues thing. They think that's the demons and that'll give them nightmares. I like that choice.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

As long as it's not a kid at the door.......I just tell them it's a dangerous cult and i don't have time for this shit.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

I'd vote for inviting them back on the winter solstice. Though I think I'd have them come over in the early afternoon. I'd open the door ass naked and say, "come on in guys I was just getting ready for tonights celebration. Would you guys mind lighting these candles while I finish setting up my evergreen? So what's the deal with this everlasting life thing?"

• rebel8
    rebel8

Here's my track record you're sad about: I've helped many dubs out in the past, have been a therapist to dubs, have had my books read on 7 continents I believe, and my websites have had many hits. All much more than the reach I ever had as a dub--I never "brought anyone in". And now I am focusing my efforts on prevention.

When you prevent 1 person from ever joining, you prevent so much suffering for them, their families, all their descendents, and all the people whom they would recruit in the future. It's much more effective in terms of volume.

http://cultprevention.blogspot.com/p/why-prevention.html

Anyhoo, it's not our responsibility to help people out of cults. It's something we choose to do.

I choose to not argue with 2 old ladies on my day off, about something that might really just stress them out at this point in their lives and do little good. I choose to leave them alone. Nothing sad about that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit