What is "theocratic warfare?" Is this official doctrine of JW's?

by Faithful Witness 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker
    SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker

The new generations of JWs are not going to be familiar with the covert tactics of "Theocratic Warfare". Older JWs might suprise you when they say "It's ok to lie if the person asking you to lie is not entitled to the truth" when I asked them, who told you that "The Organization told us we might be asked were the local important men are and we are not to tell or lie because it's not wrong" I asked "Did Jesus lie when he was being tried illegally? They said "Yes, he remained silent".

I asked "When Jesus was asked "Are you the Son of God, the holy one of Isreal, what did he say? He set the model for us, if anyone did not deserve to know the truth it was the religious leaders who were trying to kill him, no better reason to defend a man has existed." the reply was "Jesus did not lie but his followers are allowed because he said to be "cautious as serpents and the Serpent lied".

How do you reason with that?

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Be like the serpent? That's a new one... they sure make leaps in logic. No wonder my mother is so confused about what she doesn't believe, but still goes out and attempts to preach.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit