A new start? Watchtower renaming at HQ Columbia Heights

by Gorbatchov 66 Replies latest jw friends

• KateWild
    KateWild

Lots of funny comments. Well spotted!

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

I even think that they will change the look of the watchtower and awake in the near future to make it all look like one brand. The logo of the watchtower I guess will eventually disappear totally. You see it in EVERY move they make now. Would not surprise me if they would make an app in the future which will download new lecture automaticly.

O well... they are a company... and companies changes their housebrands every couple of years. It took the WTS about 100 years :P

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS has changed the cover of the magazines many times over the years.

• Lady Viola
  • respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

This could be unhelpful to the WT. Re-branding usually makes the Public ask, "why was the re-branding necessary?"

Except for the fact that 99.5% of "the public" doesn't think about, care about, or have any awareness of what the WTS is or does!! (Much to the surprise of the GB I'm sure.)

• steve2
    steve2

Blondie is correct. Remember the Awake! titled magazine is a recent addition to the organization's suite of publications. Until the early 1940s, it was titled Consolation.

• factfinder
    factfinder

While the watchtower icon has become a lot smaller over the decades, I would be surprised if they took it off of the cover and no longer used it at all.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

This cult is ashamed of itself and trying to hide from it's bat-shit crazy past. The only problem is.....it's still a bat-shit crazy beliefs cult.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I mentioned a number of times on this forum that it shouldn't be surprising if the WTS. starts

reforming its public identity, after all there's a lot of failed doctrines that were promoted by this

religious publishing house over the years.

We might be seeing the last days of the Watchtower logo nameplate from this organization.

• steve2
    steve2

It is conceivable that the name The Watchtower may go the way of Kentucky Fried Chicken which has successfully rebranded itself as KFC. The word watchtower has accrued most off-putting meanings throughout the 20th century when they became structures to monitor incarcerated groups such as high-risk prisoners. Whilst the organization once proudly promoted itself as the Watchtower Society - and still does for its legal corporate status - it drew upon the ancient connotation of a watchtower seeing far into the distance and warning of danger. That older meaning no longer predominates. Funnily, it is the Orwellian meaning that currently predominates in the secular world - a discomforting parallel for an organization that has been persistently exposed as an oppressive religious system that closely monitors its adherents.Ouch! I'd be downplaying the word as well if I were wanting to favorably promote the organization!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit