Satan thrown to earth "about" 1914?

by wearewatchingyouman 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yes, the spirit direct the organization to put October 1914 before August 1914

• Comatose
    Comatose

yeah this was another reason I thought they might be gearing up to change stuff. Admitting the mistakes about early thinking on 1874 and other dates and oh by the way some other minor changes too since AFTER ALL the old guys were not inspired like we are.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I don't doubt that Blondie

I see where the WTS also taught that the Kingdom was established in 1914, which means that the battle in heaven was already won

because Satan was hurled out of heaven at that time accordin' to the WTS

I took it as all was said and done in 1914.

" Why do Jehovah's Witnesses say that God's Kingdom was established in 1914?

Two lines of evidence point to that year: (1) Bible chronology and (2) the events scince 1914 in fulfillment of prophecy "___Reasoning book page 95

One of the events listed was

" After Christ was enthroned, Satan and his demons were thrown down to earth "____Reasoning book page 97

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

The WTS teaches that the battle continued on for some years starting in 1914 and ending approximately in 1918.

All the while, Jehovah and Jesus came down to earth to their spiritual temple to inspect things, clean it up and appoint the FDS in 1919. Guess they were busy those 3 1/2 years.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Jesus himself said right before be died that Satan will now be cast out. Then after he was reserected he said All power and authority was granted to him. Ephesians 1:20-23 explains this all to well. So next time you see a jw ask them what the word All means to them.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Hey, "DUDE", watch this. This is why you can trust the WTBTS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeSPKydgIzU

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Funny how Rutherford decided to change the name to "Jehovah's witnesses" in... 1931.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

WatchingYou: I recently asked an elder about this. He said, “The war in heaven started in 1914 definitively. But how long did it take for Satan to be ousted? We don't know. It may have happened late 1914 or early 1915. So saying “about 1914” would accurately describe Satan’s being cast out, not when the Kingdom started ruling.”

This is an area in which the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society has really blown it. No other Christian sect believes that the “war in heaven” took place in the 20th Century, and extra-biblical Christian scripture sustains the Christian tradition that the great war in heaven took place before man had been placed on the earth. It was shortly after the grand council in which Jeremiah (Jer. 1:5) and other noble spirits had been called and ordained before their births. In the Nag Hammadi library, an ancient Coptic library discovered in 1947, Adam and Seth also had been present. (See Gospel of the Egyptians, III,51.5–17; 54.8–9; 59.12–15; 60.25–61.1 (NHL, 199–200, 202; also, Second Treatise of the Great Seth, 54.14–55.15 [NHL, 331–32]). Satan was ousted to the earth with his angels at around the same time Adam was placed in the Garden. In fact, the war resulted over something that happened in the council, a rebellion by Satan and one-third of the hosts of heaven.

I know of no tradition or doctrine or passage of scripture that would indicate that the war in heaven took place after the Christian era. Isaiah had seen it centuries before in vision. So why should we, or anyone, believe it happened in 1914/15?

• heathen
    heathen

cold steel - other religions don't calculate the 7 times of daniel , 7 times 360 ( a prophetic year) then a year for a day counting forward in time from 607 bce , the fall of judah and the captivity in babylon begins . You wind up with 1914 the year christ begins his heavenly rulership and the first thing he does is give satan the boot . To me 1914 fits because it matches jesus words of what his presence would be like in mathew 24 , nations would rise against nation and kingdom against kindgom ... more or less pin pointing a world war

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

How many threads now on this topic? There's a 'search' feature on here.

Anyway, a much more sensible and obvious interpretation the WTS should adopt is that Satan and the demons are not ousted from heaven until the start of the great tribulation. The great tribulation is the same as the 'short period of time' in Rev 12, in the future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit