Why do Jehovah's Witnesses lie to recruits?

by jerome 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Well I was never very good in FS but I always tried. If I got a question I couldn't answer I just made up an answer. I still remember the day I called on one guys house. He was a history prof. who had been all over the world. Man he verbally raped me. My end response to all of that, "Well you have to have faith in what Jehovah is telling you." I left with my tail between my legs like a little doggy. But most of what he said made sense and it stuck so I guess he helped me out a bit.

Dear Lord, please save me from your followers.

• Nowhere
    Nowhere
    Did your Church predict that the World would end within the region of a few months past 1975?...
    ...I have too much irrefutable evidence to the contrary.

Ok, do you know any official statement that actually says the world is going to end 1975? I´d like to know where you can find that sort of statement. Yes, it´s easy to see that if the world would have ended in 1975, jw would have claimed to have foretold that. But did they really say the world will en in 1975?

• jerome
    jerome

Hold on a second i'll be right back.

• larc
    larc

NoWhere,

Did the WT say it in absolute terms? No. Did they strongly imply it. Yes. Did they praise those who took 1975 to be a serious consideration in making major life changes? Most definitely, yes. Did they blame the rank and file after 1975? Absolutely. It follows the same approach that they used in 1925.

Oh, by the way, I see you are new here. Welcome to our cozy community.

• jerome
    jerome

Hold a second ok...

But in the mean time exhibit A.

This photocopy is really about the generation change in 1995.

But its significant realtes to the fact taht 1975 was said to be a marked year and since in feel within the 1914 generation life span it was implied that the end would occur around then.

I have more solid proof further down the thread.

• jerome
    jerome

larc you are right in a sense that the Watchtower dident actually say that:

Armageddon will occur in the region of autumn 1975.

Does weeks or months not years equal region?

But let me continue to bring forth the evidence.

Exhibit B...

WATCHTOWER, 15/8/1968, P494: Article heading -" WHY ARE YOU LOOKING FOWARD TO 1975?'

'ADAM CREATED AT CLOSE OF "SITH DAY' Are we to assume from this study that the battle of Armageddon will be all over by the autumn of 1975, and the long-looked-for thousand year reign of Christ will begin by then ? Possibly, but we will have to wait to see how closely the seventh thousand-year period of man's existence coincides with the sabbathlike thousand-year reign of Christ...It may involve only a difference of weeks or months, not years.'

From the above quote my point is verified.

I said in the region of autumn of 1975 and here is the proof.

It may involve a difference of weeks and months not years.

If you need more evidence I have lots more.

jerome

ps

Does anyone know what is in the '...' section before the last sentence?

• LucidSky
    LucidSky

I honestly think they tell themselves that these things are true, but they are very uncomfortable about saying it because it doesn't seem right. I know I tried to dance around certain uncomfortable topics. When I asked one JW about why they would disfellowship and shun, note what she told me:

I have no complaints about this whatsoever. Something that many people forget, or are maybe not aware of, is the disfellowshipped one KNEW what the bottom line was when he was studying, was baptised, being counselled, (ie people tried repeatedly to help him), and finally disfellowshipped. No-one can honestly say it was a surprise to him as he knew the score all along. Something else people are often not aware of is the fact that elders and family members, probably others too, will have tried everything possible to help the sinner back to spiritual health. He will have had several audiences with the elders with plenty of chance to put forward his opinion nad story, (at least this is normally the case. In case someone says "I know and I don't care", in effect, they would probably be warned of imminent disfellowshipping). When the decision is to disfellowship, the person still ahs a week to consider it and there is always the possibility of future reinstatement. I don't see a problem with it at all, even after hearing several different views. There have been alot of items in the magazines etc in recent years explaining the process and why it is both just and loving from God's viewpoint and from the congregations.
    Sorry. There is no way that they are going to say: "Hey, if you ever decide to leave or we kick you out, we'll never talk to you again. Unless you come back of course." Think of all the converts that would begin to have questions at this point.
  • dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

The Children book is the one of the worst. It's going up on the web soon, with questions and index. In that book, (published 1941) two individuals, at least in their 20's if not older, are described as deciding not to marry or have children becasue the END IS SO CLOSE.

And the other one of the worst is that 1968 Kingdom Ministry where Watchtower brags that people are selling their belongings becasue they would not need them, in the last remaining months of this system of things. If that isn't the worst "food at the improper time' I have ever seen, I don't know what is.

And the Watchtower's response? 'Some Witnesses had wrong expectations'!!

They did publish the end was going to come before the beginning of 2001 tho--twice!!! No doubt about that. Some of those publications are still floating around, grab one if you see it.

• jerome
    jerome

Does anyone have a link to the Watchtower photocopy where they had a train with six train cars about the fall off the tracks in to a ditch with ARMAGEDDON at the bottom?

I cant find my own.

jerome

ps Nowhere is that enough for now?

• Nowhere
    Nowhere

Thank you for that article jerome and the rest of you too. This is what you would call "new light" on the subject =)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit