Did U find Sheperding Calls rude?

by Reborn2002 26 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

Sorry, Reborn. Nothing to contribute.

Even though I've been inactive for years, I've never had a shepherding call. If I ever get one, I'll let you know.

• Solace
    Solace

Reborn,
    You just brought something to mind that I havent thought of in years. Talk about supressed memories!
    I remember when my mother had a shepherding call when I was about 12 or 13. She was missing meetings because she had issues with anxiety and depression and was trying to switch medications etc. When an elder popped in unexpectedly, not wanting to expose her problem, she ended up blaming me and my older sister for everything. She said that she was having a hard time dealing with us and couldnt attend the meetings because of it. After that happend, I remember going to school and being ignored by a few witness girls in my class. It bugged me because I always hung out with them, went to their houses etc. Needless to say, I was never invited to a sleepover again.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Reborn, you just managed to bring up all these old feelings and TICK ME OFF!

I DETEST condascending elders. Even the nice loving ones managed to be condascending.

I remember they came over at least once a week when we became "inactive". The first couple of times I opened the door. I let them in. They prayed "over" us (barf). What really ticked me off was when they asked why we don't go to meetings (hubby wasn't home so I was bombarded with the q's), I said, "I am bored with the meetings. I am getting a lot more satisfaction from staying home on Tuesday nights and reading my bible instead of going over the Greatest Man book for the third time."

Now was that direct or what. Who could argue with that? Who could not see where I was coming from? Even these guys showed how bored they are with every meeting because at every meeting they were standing outside in the parking lot telling jokes and just chillin' while we were all stuck in the boring hum drum meeting.

Well, the condascending bastards that they are said, "Well, you don't have Jehovah's spirit when you're studying your bible. His spirit is at the meeting." As if the Holy Spirit could only be in one place at a time. So I straight out asked them if they weren't bored with the meetings and the redundancy. I mentioned that I noticed that they didn't sit and "enjoy" the spiritual food but rather had a goold ole time outside in the parking lot.

You should have seen the looks on their faces. If I had a reputation for being a "Jezebel" before....LOL

To make a long story short, the last time they came over was with the CO. My husband and I were butt naked on the floor in our living room. I wanted to get up and open the door and shock the hell out of them but alas my hubby is way more conservative than I.

So we just layed there and laughed. They could hear us laughing and having a good time. We peeked through the peep-hole and saw the angry look on the CO's face. They heard us turn over the dead-bolt just in case they decided to walk on in. (Which wouldn't surprize me.)

Soon after that we had a "Sold" sign on our house and we were outa there! Never been bugged since. I highly recommend it!

• Matty
    Matty

Way to go bluesapphire! You make me feel like a complete coward. You see I still toady to the elders now, as if they are so special! I find elders put a kind of condecending "hat" on sometimes, when they need to, thats why it's very difficult to be good friends with one. I hate all that dogma - from any religion actually, even as I type a thread that I started tongue in cheek has been hijacked by folk who take it all far too seriously!

• Solace
    Solace

bluesapphire,
    I love your spirit!
    You must have felt so gratified!
    I bet that elder didnt even know what hit him.
    Thanks from all of us who were visited and werent able to express ourselves!

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Yeah, Heaven, it felt pretty good. But not as good as seeing their faces if we had both opened the door nekid!!!

Now THAT would have been satisfying.

• Solace
    Solace

I imagine that would have been quite stimulating for them too!
    Although they could never admit it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit