Question about recent love bombing....

by mind blown 14 Replies latest jw friends

• mind blown
    mind blown

For more years then I'd like to count, one JW relative has NEVER called to see how I was doing. Today she calls out of the blue, asks how I am, and if there's ANYTHING she can do for me. As of late another JW relative has been a lot more communicative. Both are in different states.

Has there been recent guilt tripping talks about loveing kindess, etc.? Or could this be happening due to certain JWs waking up about the double tounge of WTS?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It could be something you said a decade ago finally taking root.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Yes, let's have a coffee (so I can find out what's on your mind and up your sleeve)?

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Maybe they just want to have a beer with you...

• zeb
    zeb

possibly something said at the kh about keeping in touch with relatives

• alanv
    alanv

There was an article fairly recently about reaching out to inactive ones to see if they can get them to go back.

• mind blown
    mind blown

But the weird thing is alanv? I'm DFed.

I would love for them to sit down and have a beer with me.

I have to say I was absolutely shocked when my relative called today. First thing I even asked was "is anything wrong? Did something happen?". She then said no everything's fine, I guess you would think that because I never call.

Pretty strange....

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

There are plenty of 'good JW's' that do not shun their df'ed loved ones. Most do it on the down low but still..........

• mind blown
    mind blown

Well, it seems my JW relatives are turning into restless Indians. Serious! My aunt has basically shunned me or over 30 years! And now?

I just wanted to put out feelers to see if this was coming from the WTS.

• LV101
    LV101

This is interesting, mind blown. Someone else recently posted about this, right?

I'd certainly like to know what article you're referring to, alanv - I believe you but would love to read if anyone can link, post, whatever.

It's hard to believe the evil cult would promote their followers to act lovingly, Christ like, or anything resembling a cultured way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit