Why does it matter?

by tenyearsafter 32 Replies latest jw friends

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

@Kate - I find the god battles entertaining during this stressful period of deprogramming.

I found this true in my case too, I found the raw, open, and honest discussions, very refreshing and a nice contrast to the guarded thought and speech control that we spent our lives as JW's being conditioned to conform to.

• KateWild
    KateWild

tootired- thanks for that. I suppose we all go through different stages at different times so its good to vent and let others vent too, we just need to understand one another and take it on the chin.

I was baited by many an experienced poster, but I responded with homour and baited them myself. Kate xx

• scotoma
    scotoma

Appartently atheists can be dogmatic too - just like fundamentalists.

The battle between any ideology isn't really won or lost on presentation of information. It's deeper.

If an atheist spends too much time trying to convince others it might be that he is trying to convince himself.

If anyone is interested in the deeper aspects of this debate take the time to read:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/unique-everybody-else/201309/dogmatism-and-openness-experience-in-the-non-religious

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit