No Reading,PA conventions this year

by jdubsnub 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Having less conventions saves them money on rent. YOU foot the bill for gas and lodging, but they still get a kick-back from the city because of the revenue generated. So you drive more which costs $$$, you must stay in a hotel=$$$, and you miss work and lose $$$. Then you contribute $$$ at the DC.

The Eldub at our KH had the service meeting part about the conventions. He kept saying " LANDMARK conventions" and "THE SLAVE." Then it was all justified by reading from the Old Testament, where JEHOVAH(tm) commands the people to meet at such and such place. Then he said that the main thing to do is to go WHERE YOU ARE ASSIGNED. OBEY THE SLAVE, uhhh, errr,mmm....Jehovah. WHY? Because they have told the resppective cities that there will be a certain amoount of delegates coming to spend money, thereby assuring a kick-back from the particular city.

One hand washes the other. $$$$

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

I was up in Reading this past year for work when they had the convention....I went to pull into a car park near the courthouse and there was a man standing there with a big sign that said, NO JW PARKING. I chuckled.

• jdubsnub
    jdubsnub

Does anybody know if all these conventions are international or just a select few? I wasn't present for the annoucement.

• losingit
    losingit

Instead of going to a convention this year and wasting money on GARBAGE, I'm taking my daughters to an indoor water park and snow tubing. I'm spending less money but having way more fun doing important things. Oh, and we're celebrating my daughter's birthday that weekend. Yup.

Go stick it WTBTS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit