The GENERATION explanation is now a BOLD FACE LIE

by scotoma 47 Replies latest jw friends

• scotoma
    scotoma

When I first heard about the new "generation" explanation I was confused because I didn't see clearly how they were explaining it.

Now it looks like they finally figured it out for themselves and it is no longer confusing.

It is now a simple, ignorant, BOLD FACE LIE.

This is from the January 1st Watchtower. (And I hope to hell someone from writing gets wind of this)

Paragraph 15 page 31 Blue stands for the exact words in the Watchtower. The Red is my insertion.

Jesus said: "This {two group} generation will by no means pass away until all these things happen." (Read Matthew 24:33-35

Of course if you look up Matthwew 24:33-35 you won't find any mention of two groups. It also doesn't say "Truly I say to you that a future generation consisting of two groups will by no means pass away until

all these things occur." In fact you can read the whole 24th chapter of Matthew and throw in the 25th chapter of Matthew and you won't find any mention of two groups.

So then how can they make the next assertion

"We understand {interpret} that in mentioning "this generation," Jesus was referring to two groups of annointed Christians.

How can Jesus be referring to two groups of annointed Christians when there is no referrent. You can't refer to something unless there is a REFERRENT.

ref-er-ent : noun

1. the thing that a word or phrase denotes or stands for.

The rest of the paragraph defines the non-existent referent.

The best rebuttal in this case is: exactly where does Jesus specifically and unambiguously say that the words "this generation" refers to two groups of annointed Christians.

When they say "We understand" they don't mean "translate" they must be giving their own interpretation.

In fallacy world this is called:the fallacy of IMPROPER ACCENT.

This fallacy involves making an unwarranted conclusion by unusual emphasis on a word or phrase
    or issue. Sometimes this is done by taking portions of a quotation out of context in a manner that
    was not intended by the person quoted.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

I love your analysis, scotoma. Spot on, as the Brits say.

• DS211
    DS211

Marked

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Yep! Well said and spot on indeed.

You would probably get a kick out of Cedar's article. It's well atriculated and argued.
    (yours truly illustrated it with a cartoon.):

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/the-1914-obsession-watchtower-clings-to-flawed-teaching-in-first-magazine-of-2014

• Julia Orwell
  • scotoma
    scotoma

braincleaned,

Great Cartoon!

• scotoma
    scotoma

"This fallacy involves making an unwarranted conclusion by unusual emphasis on a word or phrase
    or issue. Sometimes this is done by taking portions of a quotation out of context in a manner that
    was not intended by the person quoted."

Forgot to quote "Attacking Faulty Reasoning T.Edward Damer

• prologos
    prologos

is the " two groups idea" not old light with re charged batteries?

Did Wt not teach that the FADS/ anointed were of two groups,

the oldtimers, Russel, Rutherford & Co, comparing to Elijah, and

Franz , Knorr & latecomers that received the prophet's mantle, the Elisha group?

it sounded like Freddie's type-antitype flights of fancy, and

now has come back in a different cloak, reaching into the mid 2000s ?

• scotoma
    scotoma

Prologos

It must have been an exciting seance with Franz telling them how to get past the generation problem.

I thought about the Elijah-Elisha type from the old Let Your Name Be Sanctified book.

But it is clear they have a serious HTML 404 error when it comes to finding out what in the world Jesus was referencing.

It's amazing how they know what Jesus was thinking. They seem to have the ability to tap into obscure abstractions residing in Jesus' brain.

If only Jesus would have been able to think a little clearer he could have remembered where he said there would be two groups of annointed at the end.

The apostles could have used that information too. He was talking to his disciples when he said "this generation". So there had to be two groups way back then.

The only thing that is clear in their explanation is that they haven't the foggiest idea of what they're talking about. I would prefer to think they are simply lying at this point.

They can't be that ignorant. All the average JWs need to know is that the Body of Governors "just love this doctrine" and they will love it too.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Well said scotoma , if this sort of craziness doesnt wake people up then I really dont know what will.You can only pity those that embrace this nu-lite.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit