Do God and Jesus have free will? No they do not. Proven in this thread.

by Comatose 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

"OK, who wants to start the count down clock for how long before a God apologist shows up and claims that God was actually showing mercy for the children, since God sent she-bears (who are known to have softer and more-delicate paws, a show of consideration for the children)?"

Yep! Good one adamah .

• Comatose
    Comatose

The only explanation most can come up with is that evil is a by product of free will. God didn't want robot people to love him so he gave them free will so they could choose to love him.

Nice choice. Love me because you want to, or else I will kill you. But do it because you want to not because I will kill you. Use your free will to choose wisely. Remember I'll kill you if you don't do it my way. Isn't my gift of free will great? It's so nice to have real love and not robots....

My point may have been hard to understand the way I wrote it, but it simply is this: If god has free will and can't do evil or wrong, And along with that he didn't create in us any evil or bad... Then does it make logical sense to say evil comes from free will choices? Free will choices should involve all GOOD things. Apparently, god has free will and yet can't do wrong. But, suddenly religious people think free will explains sin and evil.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Isn't this just a more erudite way of asking, "Can God make a rock so heavy that even He can't lift it?"

• willmarite
    willmarite

Hi comatose. I wouldn't say evil is a tangible thing. It is simply the absense of enlightenment. The increase of enlightenment goes hand in hand with the decrease of evil acts.

Free will by it's very nature must include unenlightened acts.

What if a well-to-do father made it the mission of his life to never allow his son to fail at something. At school if the son was doing poorly the father paid off teachers to make sure they gave his son an A in every subject. When the son graduated the father pulled strings not only to get him a good job but made sure by payoffs or threats everyone treated his son like he was the smartest person in the company. Would the son have learned much in his life? Would not the "love" of the father actually be selfishness in not wanting any son of his to be seen as failing at something?

Failing at something is a fairly big way how we as humans learn lessons. We can do anything we decide to do. This is the universal law of free will. Another universal law is the law of karma, reaping what we sow, or whatever you want to call it.

It is not unfair of the creator to make it so that if a human is selfish, close-minded, jealous etc. that human will be unhappy. Likewise if a human becomes enlightened and realizes his oneness with every other human and correspondingly loves all like he loves himself he will be happy and feel fulfillled.

These are lessons we learn in the schoolroom called Earth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit