How many child abuse cases?

by LHS123 16 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• LHS123
    LHS123

Does anyone know where I can find numbers of how many child abuse cases have been brought against JWs or settled out of court?

i know that 1 is too many and statistics don't reflect the horror suffered, but I would like some numbers to use when explaining to others the reasons for my decreased activity and to have support for my reasons for 'stumbling', facts which might make others think too.

Im from UK so it helps that the charities commission is investigating there and also there's a paedophiles exposed website which names 32 JWs convicted in UK since 2012, horrifying! http://ukpaedos-exposed.com

but Id like to find statistics for USA and elsewhere if possible?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Bill Bowen or Barbara Anderson would be the best sources of record, IMO.

That would be interesting to know.

Doc

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    LHS= I'm just curious but do many of the R&F in Britain even know or realise the the borg is under investigation by the charities commission, and what the purpose of it is.
  • disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy
    I would say the r&f are oblivious to it Joe, unless they saw a report in a paper somewhere. My wife knows now, but she's not said anything about it...
  • ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi LHS123, The Watchtower is a dangerous cult and JWs are indoctrinated to follow its leaders no matter what. Please refer to 15 Nov 2013 Watchtower (Study Edition), "Seven Shepherds, Eight Dukes - What They Mean for Us Today", page 20, paragraph 17 about Watchtower instructions to JWs to blindly follow its leaders.

Your best option to maintain relationships with JWs is to say nothing other than you are waiting on Jehovah to guide you, move away from your current congregation, fade, and start living your life to its fullest. Writing a complaint with a request for annonimity to the Charities Commission about what you needed to do to keep your sanity and maintain relationships with JW relatives might also help

What bothers you about the Watchtower may not bother other JWs. When they are ready to critically think for themselves, they may or may not.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Have you checked Silent Lambs?

http://www.silentlambs.org/

It's hard to know how many cases there are, as the Watchtower prefers to settle out of court and have the victims sign a confidentiality agreement. The rumor is that the Watchtower maintains a list of 58 thousand names of those that have been accused of child sex abuse.

• flipper
    flipper

There were 16 out of court child abuse cases settled out of court in California in 2007 alone and the attorney Irwin Zalkin from what I understand has at least 20 or more child abuse lawsuits going right now against the WT Society. There are also about 7 cases I am aware of going against the WT Society in Texas it was mentioned in the last 6 months here on the board. With the ones that you mentioned in Great Britain- it's no stretch of the imagination that over 100 or more of these WT child abuse cases are going on throughout the entire world right now. And yes- WT Society in the United States does have a list of about 23,000 known JW pedophiles on their database list. A list that they REFUSED to hand over to the courts in San Diego, CA. which cost them 13.5 million $$$$ in lawsuits in favor of Gilbert Lopez a JW child abuse victim.

WT leaders are arrogant they feel the laws of the land do NOT apply to them , but they are starting to get a rude awakening to reality these last couple years. The more stubborn WT leaders choose not to cooperate with police and laws of the land it will only get them more negative attention in the media which in turn may start turning even more JW's into exiting the JW organization

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

God knows, but he's not saying.

The WTBTS keep meticulous records just like he Nazis did about their concentration camps. Curious coincidence. But they too aren't saying, which does not mean that they are "godlike" just because of their silence

Barbara Anderson might have a clue, and that's probably the best we'll get: an educated guess from someone that used to be on the inside.

• Boeing Stratofortress
    Boeing Stratofortress

I'd like to add something. It's been just over a month since the Conti verdict at the Calif Court of Appeals, which found the WT&TS negligent in not protecting minors during door-to-door 'publishing.'

Question: how long does the WT have to decide whether to accept the verdict vs take it to the Federal Level, i.e. Supreme Court?? It seems to me, that their decision at this legal 'fork in the road,' will have a big impact on how the pending lawsuits progress. If the WT decides NOT to fight, then it seems they are inviting more lawsuits, with the California precedent having been set.

• LHS123
    LHS123

Thanks everybody. Joe134cd I've only been able to mention it to a few individuals, but none of them knew about it. You would know if you've read the press stories or if you are in Wales where there was a prominent case, but I get the impression most brothers turn away when they read anything negative, excusing it as media exaggeration, or just one rotten apple etc. But it was the press articles that woke me up, so might work for someone else too.

thanks Mr Flipper, very helpful. The scale is terrifying, I've got two beautiful girls and I want to ask the elders, are there any perverts here I should know about?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit