Yet ANOTHER JW Urban Legend

by NikL 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I've heard similar stories from other Christian religions and read "miracle" stories in a Christian magazine called GUIDEPOSTS. I think God uses many people in various way. The irony mentioned above is interesting though. At first when the story was being related, I though they were going to say it was the JW elder that was keeping her from getting treatment.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Every FRICKIN' story they are right about to commit suicide and the Witnesses are the to save the FRICKIN' day.

What a FRICKIN' coincidence.

Slipnslidemaster:"Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the darkside."
    -Emperor Palpatine

Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America

• Xander
    Xander

That's because the 99/100 people who are about to commit suicide, pray to god for guidance, and DON'T get a visitor of friendly disposition at their door (of any religion, really), commit suicide and don't live to tell the tale.

(Of course, they were simply not worthy to be saved, that's why god never answered any of their prayers. I mean, duh!)

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

Unfortunately, Patsy didnt know that Satan actually send the J dubs to her door. Satan can make himself appear as an angel of light and trick people into joining his cults ;)

Lizard

• jwsons
    jwsons

Bravo Lizard.
    And: The witnesses can place the "Reasoning-book" to the public !

• Nemesis
    Nemesis

That story reminds me of a scripture:

"And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light. It is therefore nothing great if his ministers also keep transforming themselves into ministers of righteousness. But their end shall be according to their works."—2 Corinthians 11:14, 15 NWT

I also like the New Living Translation’s version:

“But I am not surprised! Even Satan can disguise himself as an angel of light. So it is no wonder his servants can also do it by pretending to be godly ministers. In the end they will get every bit of punishment their wicked deeds deserve.”

• Bang
    Bang

Wow, talk about taken advantage of, and then the Jovies came - whoah - double dose comin' up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit