How Many Here Are On Facebook & How Often Do You Frequent The Site?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I'm on facebook but have no xjws as my friends. I have enough new people in my life. My biggest problem is being addicted to Candy Crush. I need a rehab and 12 step program to keep me away from it. lol

HappyDad

• smiddy
    smiddy

I hate FB , I deleted my account , I could not see any sense to it .Its all about me,me me, look what I`m doing , nobodys interested in what your doing ,its all about you bragging about what your doing.

just my 2 cents.

smiddy

• minimus
    minimus

My friend got so irritated with FB that he deleted his account, only to rejoin 3 months later. People like to know what's going on.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

on it when I have time

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Always and not very often.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

WTS says social media sites are BAD.

I'm not a facebook subscriber.

Are you suggesting that any faithful JWs are on facebook?

Doc

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

On Facebook, check it all the time, and I get cell-alarms for any activity on it — I check out this site by waves. Like now, it's about 10 times a day! LOL... When it gets too serious, I take a break.
    When I'm in my JWN mode, I usually ignore my FB, and vie-versa...

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Doc,

There are many faithful witnesses on Facebook. The majority of the elders wives in my old hall are on it. Pioneers use it, too. Last year, about 90 percent of my Facebook friends were JW. Now it's the opposite.

There are also many JW Facebook groups. The largest one I've seen, which has ministerial servants and pioneers I personally know "liking" the page is the Jehovah's Witnesses News page, with 69,000 followers.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Gypsy, notice my tongue in cheek. All my JW family are on Facebook, just as I am too.

BUT a couple of COs back blatantly stated that when you read in the WT where the F&DS warns you about "social media" everyone says "they didn't say they were referring to Facebook"..................SO, I'm telling you FACEBOOK IS what the F&DS is referring to and JWs should obey the F&DS.

I know a couple zealots that actually closed their Facebook account.

But more and more JWs that I know are "a la carte" JWs. Take what you like, leave the rest.

Doc

• minimus
    minimus

Slippy always is to the point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit