Relocation of UK Bethel

by krejames 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• krejames
    krejames

I heard a rumour that the UK HQ is moving from Mill Hill in London to a location in Essex near Chelmsford. Explanation being that it's closer to the transport networks. Anyone know anymore?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

The only thing officially released is the heads up that something will happen and they want everyone to start saving.

What was the source of the rumour? Can anything be verified?

• krejames
    krejames

The source is apparently the RBC who are helping the Chelmsford congregations get a building ready to be a new KH hall there. I know people in those congs. Can't be anymore specific than that.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Explanation being that it's closer to the transport networks.

Hilarious isn't it when Mill Hill is just down the road from the M1!

• 70wksfyrs
    70wksfyrs

I have heard from my daughter who left WTBTS months ago that bethelites have moved residence already. She didn't tell me how she knew. She lives and works near Mill Hill

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It cannot possibly be anything to do with the value of the Mill Hill land can it ? I think they have 22 acres ? A 5 bed detached house in M.H goes for around £1 million. You can build a helluva lot of houses on 22acres, plus the Bittacy Hill factory could be turned in to apartments.

A big profit project.

Of course they will beg for money and free labour to build the new one, no doubt on cheap land.

Will the Congregations see any money back when the M.H. H.Q is sold ?

Nah.

What a lovely Tax Free Scam.

• 70wksfyrs
    70wksfyrs

Tax free scam- and far more hush hush than Warwick, they are passing the plate every meeting in the uk

• St George of England
    St George of England

On another thread about this subject someone doubted the claim about the Mill Hill move. I came across this...

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

I'm sure I heard years ago that they wanted to relocate to Milton Keynes. That location makes much more sense logistically!

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

OH la di da, we may start saving, may we?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit