Death- most in the truth do well with it.....really?

by DS211 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

when my relative died some witnesses told how i would see the person again with the resurrection hope. Some said it was like a free pass through the tribulation as my relative had at one time been a witness but had not been one or lived a christian lifestyle for some years.

i think there are various views regarding the resurrection. I wonder if they really believed it or were just trying to make me feel better.

one person expressed the view that i need to do something so that i am there to welcome them back. In other words unless i although living a christian life but not being a witness will not go through the tribulation whereas my relative as a person who gave up there belief will. Strange i think.

• DS211
    DS211

See heres my point though...she was saying that witnesses will be fine dealing with death, all workdlg people wont. see sublimating emotions behind a "theyll be fine they have the earthly hope attitude" is they dont truly deal with the emotions. Jesus Wept. I think he even welt for lazarus and he was abkut to bring him back to life. Its more black and white, us vs. them. And when they talked about this sister who has terminal cancer and only has a littke while to live, there was a plasticity to their countenances and emotions. None wept or displayed sadness but spoke of it like it was another gossip column in the hall.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I'm not that emotional. I think it just depends on the person.

At my relative's funeral where a few of the people were witnesses, the one crying the most was a witness.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Never mind about doing well with death...JWs do poorly with LIFE by putting off all their aspirations until the "real life" in their illusive paradise. They have been taught that life in this system cannot be happy and fulfilling, all attempts to succeed viewed as a lack of faith. At this point why would one even want to live now if the real life is next time around? I've come to believe that there's only this life and I live it to the fullest. My hymn is It's my life by Bon Jovi....I want to live while I'm alive!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit