Read on Watchtower Documents how discarding types-antitypes impacts the very core doctrine of the “faithful and discreet slave” itself!

by AndersonsInfo 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

In the July 15, 1909 Watch Tower, C. T. Russell said, ”We are loath to give any explanation of types not directly or indirectly referred to in the New Testament." Yet, during the next approximately 100-years, the organization Russell founded didn't follow his footsteps but did the opposite until the March 15, 2015 Watchtower magazine stated "No More." Read on Watchtower Documents how discarding types-antitypes impacts the very core doctrine of the “faithful and discreet slave” itself!

Articles in the March 15, 2015 Watchtower may change hundreds of teachings that were based on the use and idea of “types and antitypes.” This could stretch the organization's definition of "new light"...
  • disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy
    Will do, cheers babs!
  • disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

AHaaHaHAaaa!!! Partial list of EIGHTY type/antitype examples given in ONE article, all to prove the f&ds authority!

D'oh!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    They will pursue this the way they did with the 144k doctrine. All the other 144k especially and new ones since 1935 are mentally diseased just us here at bethel are fine. An elder can have just as much Holy Spirit as the anointed except us here in New York, we still get more. They will just speak out both sides of thier mouths and the rank and file will not question it because this is God's organization and whatever we say goes.
  • steve2
    steve2

There is nothing like inadvertently providing a handy rationale for one's own obsolecence. "Oh, but we didn't mean that!"

Sorry, boys, too late: You've removed the main justification for your power and control grab by helping us realize what has been plain to all others up til now: The faithful and discreet slave in scripture is nothing more than an elegant parable.

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

Types and Antitypes when I studied those subjects that was Fred Franz talking. When we were bombarded with the "spiritual paradise" lessons at the time when they had the great apostate hunt with the Spanish translators that was Fred Franz talking. That 'spiritual paradise' was part of what of what woke me up as how was it that the WBTS was so important that everything written centuries ago was written especially for the WBTS during the last days. To change position on types and antitypes is to challenge the WBTS "Oracle" Fred Franz. To challenge Fred Franz is to call into question everything we were ever taught about Bible prophecy concerning events that were going to happen to usher in Armageddon. For the faithful to realize that the attack of the UN on Gods people is not going to happpen in their life time is going to make these demands on contributions for rapid expansion of buildings a hard pill to swallow. I think the church is diging itself a hole making this change at this time.

Barbara I keyed in on using this as part of that project we are working on

Bill

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    Almost all of Rutherford's books dealt with types and antitypes, as well as classes. Now his rainbow collection of books is just that. Somewhere over the rainbow.
  • Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Awesome article Barbara!

Thanks for sharing!

CoC

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great article!

But I'm trying to think of how Elders and average witnesses would explain away this change?

If it was casually mentioned in conversation, would an average witness even recognise the significance of these points??

Sadly, I doubt it!

• Ruby456
    Ruby456
    hmm...so are they getting ready to retire the present faithful and discreet slave? will they be ushering in a new era in which everyone is of the great crowd group?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit