non-jw's please check in here

by dungbeetle 33 Replies latest jw friends

• willy_think
    willy_think

I was never a JW, but i attended the KH in Somerville, MA a few years when i was a kid. i remember when a speaker closed his speech with "i don't know if the next time we see each other will be this system or the next." I started to giggle and got in trouble with my dad. when we got outside he asked me what that was all about. I said I wanted to rase my hand and say, "this one."

A lot of what happened at the Hall was just boooooring most of all I remember waiting to worship God. Sunday meetings came and went, Wednesday night meetings came and went, all the time I wondered "when will we worship God."

I would give a shout out to big Jim Bird and family.

Willy_think, of the waiting on parodical family class.

The Great and Powerful Oz:

pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
  • larc
    larc

DB,

Thanks for starting this subject. It was quite gratifying to read what the NJWs had to say.

NJWs,

You should be proud of yourselves for taking the time to research this, and inoculating others against the JW influence. Sometimes, I think, you can do more in this regard than we can. We may be viewed as having an ax to grind. You, however, came to this as a nuetral third party, and may come across as more credible as a result.

Keep up the good work, one and all.

• JT
    JT

dungbettle

hey thanks

i never even thought about how we should thank all the nonjw

these are really some interesting folks, in that they have taken the time to look into things that many jw will not look into and to thier credit they will never have to suffer what we have

i only would ask nonjw to let others know, if you have a family or friends who are getting involved
    please dont hesitate to let them know the real thing

i must admit looking at the posters who have state they are not jw

i would HAVE NEVER KNOWN BASED ON THIER EXCELLENT POST

THANKS FOR HELPING US OUT

• detective
    detective

Thanks for the nice words, folks!

Hey Willy-think,
    I'm in Somerville and Cambridge quite often. Ummmm, never to visit a kingdom hall though! Just wanted to say hello to a fellow Baystater (even if you don't call the Baystate home anymore).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit