silentlambs is not disfellowshipped

by silentlambs 24 Replies latest jw friends

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

I had an interesting day today. Early this afternoon I was sent an email by a sister who was chastising me for claiming to not be disfellowshipped. She wrote she had just spoken to the Oregon Service Desk and was assured that I was DF on no uncertain terms. She was also told that all information on the web site could not be trusted as it was from a DF person, namely me. When she asked if I was DF for the information on the website he stated that it was not due to the website but other “problems” with my conduct that came later. He went on to say I have a vendetta against the Society and was stirring up much controversy among the brothers which shows another part of the basis of my DF.

After receiving the email and reviewing the content carefully I began to review the events of the last year. I have never sat before a judicial committee nor have I ever been charged with breaking any law within the organization. As a matter of fact I am no longer “shunned” when local brothers and sisters see me in public, instead they just “run” the opposite direction whenever they see me coming, thus not affording me the opportunity to offer a greeting. So after considering that a fellow brother had offered disparaging remarks to a sister regarding my status within the organization it left me with only one option. I must apply Mt. 18 and try to regain my brother. So I called the Oregon Service Desk.

After all the connections were made I heard a male voice on the line that identified himself as the Oregon Service Desk. I identified myself as Bill Bowen at which he stated he did not know who I was. I then stated, “A sister just sent me an email that stated the Oregon Service Desk told her I am DF, is that true?” After trying a little further to pretend he did not know who I was I went on to say, “I am the founder of the silentlambs organization, you know the one that speaks up for JW’s who were molested.” At this point he said he did know who silentlambs was. So I asked him again, “Am I DF?” He said, “I am saying Bill Bowen is DF.” I said, “Do you mean ME?” He said, “I do not know who you are.”

“I am Bill Bowen of silentlambs, are you telling me, Bill Bowen, that I am DF.” He replied, “Bill Bowen is DF.” I responded, “So you are saying I am DF? If so, why was I never informed of any charges nor given the opportunity to respond to a judicial committee?” He says, “I am not saying you are DF I am just saying Bill Bowen is DF.”

I am Bill Bowen, I have a website silentlambs, have you been telling brothers and sisters that Bill Bowen of the silentlambs website is DF? (long silence) He says, “I could have made a mistake, let me check something.” (long silence) “Yes, there was a mistake since the call was from Oregon I thought you were a Bill Bowen in Oregon who is DF. I apologize for the mistake.”

“So I am not DF?” He said, “Right you are not DF.”

“Well I appreciate you clarifying that for me and I would appreciate that in the future if anyone calls you would be careful to make that distinction.” At which he said, “I do not see any point to further conversation.”

I was able to engage him in a few more remarks about the 97 wt and the 97 BOE with which he offered some disturbing reasoning to say the least, but to make a long story short he repeated about five times, “our conversation is over,” to my concluding remarks about the problem of how WT policy is hurting children. I did not feel the “spiritual paradise” as our conversation ended, but at least I “gained my brother.”

So in conclusion, you might wish to pass this along to any brothers and sisters who claim they have called the Society and have been informed I am DF. Sadly, it is yet another WT lie used to discredit and prevent those within from seeing the real truth of how WT policy endorses the “pedophile paradise” that they are required to support.

As of 4-24-02 I am still standing. I remain a JW in good standing who openly condemns what the GB has allowed and continues the harm against innocent children and those who are molested. To “whom it may concern” I remain,

"Brother”

• terafera
    terafera

Good for you! I'm glad you called him on it... shows he was blatantly lying to that sister!

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Yay brother Bowen!!!

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

What a bunch of @ssholes and cowards. I hate the stupid games they play. When they can't DF you they still manage to get people to shun you.

But you DO have a vendetta against the Society, just like I do and you are no more a brother than I am. Whatever we have to say and do in their presence to advance our interests I guess. I play the game too when I have to.

It is a shame you couldn't get this conversation on tape. I never trust them. Either they put it in writing or you get it on tape. Good on you for phoning them up and setting them straight.

Path

• belbab
    belbab

Can we find the Bill Bowen who is disfellowshipped in Oregon. It would be interesting to find out what he would have to say. Maybe he has been mistaken for Silentlambs. Maybe he doesn't exist.

belbab

• Mulan
    Mulan

Hey Bill.........I agree with belbab. I think you should find out if he is telling the truth, and if there is a Bill Bowen in Oregon, who is DF'd.

Good job, by the way.

When I called the Washington desk a couple of weeks ago, he was calling me "Sister King" by the time we hung up. Gave me the creeps, but I realized he looked me up. Of course he talked to my mother and looked her up too, and she is the widow of a former Gilead grad, C.O., missionary, etc. etc. He talked to her like she was royalty, and was damned nice to me too.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• LB
    LB

Bill did you enjoy this conversation? I have a feeling you may have enjoyed this

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Satanus
    Satanus

Way to go, bill. Hang in there.

I was just thinking, if the first step hadn't worked, or stops working, the next step would be to take two or three witnesses. If that step proved to be unfruitful, the last step would be to take the oregon service desk before the congregation. It would be interesting to see that part of the bible put into application;) hmm?

SS of the saucy class

• Prisca
    Prisca

You're still a brother in my eyes, Brother Bowen.

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

I don't get it!!!

How can the man at the Oregon Service Desk tell the inquiring sister "that all information on the web site could not be trusted as it was from a DF person, namely me"..that is you Bill Bowen....and then tell you when you called, "there was a mistake since the call was from Oregon I thought you were a Bill Bowen in Oregon who is DF".

Something doesn't add up in his "explanation" to you....and it smells like lie to me.

So when you asked: "So I am not DF?” He said, “Right you are not DF.”

Therefore he realized you were not the DF'd Bill Bowen from Oregon but you are the Bill Bowen from silentlambs....but he already told the sister that Bill Bowen from silentlambs is DF'd. Hmmmmm..can you say Pinoccio?

Had Enough

"Never doubt that a small group of citizens can change the world.
    Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
    ...Margaret Mead

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit