Hello, I am new here...

by Spiderman 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Spiderman
    Spiderman
    Puede un Testigo de Jehova ser amigos y tener amistades con personas fuera de su religion?

Yo creo que sí. En mi caso tengo muy buenas amistades con algunos que trabajan conmigo. Tengo muchos familiares no testigos que son muy buenas personas. Pero la verdad es que los testigos de Jehova muchas veces estan tan ocupados con su vida teocratica (llendo a las reuniones y tomando tiempo para la predicacion) que no tienen mucho tiempo libre para asociarse con personas no testigos. Claro esta que uno tiene que tener cuidado con quien se asocia, testigo o no-testigo.

• ThatSucks
    ThatSucks

Hello Spiderman, thank you for your responses.

You said:

I think the problem with this question is that you are assuming that I am a follower of men. I am not, I follow the one and only true God Almighty Jehovah and his son Jesus.
    You might want to re-think what you've said. Now, if you were born in another part of this world where nobody knew about what you would call "the scriptures", you wouldn't have the foggiest idea of who Jehovah or Jesus were. Why is this? Because it took other MEN (JWs), whether that be inside or outside your immediate family to teach you of these things. Also, since you follow the mandates set forth by the writing dept. of the WT and AWAKE magazines, by default you are indeed a follower of men. (Not because you do what they say, but because you do what they say God thinks you should do).

I make a sincere effort in everyday life to follow in the footsteps of our savior.
    Think again. you make a sincere effort in everyday life to follow in the footsteps of who you are told is your savior by other men. You were not born with knowledge of JG or JC.

When I am confronted with decisions I do not ask myself, "what would the GB do in this situation?", but I ask myself "what would JesusChrist do in this situation?". This is what guides me in life.
    Fair enough. Now, who teaches you what the bible says about how Jesus handled specific situations? Do you not read these in study articles out of the WT? Yes you do. Therefore, again you are following men.

I have seen many bad men and women inside the organization, but since I am not a follower men, it does not cause me to be stumbled.
    Thanks for that. So many witnesses come on here and claim that their religion is infallible and perfect, yet the contents are the same of any other religion (fallible men). I disagree with your notion on not following men once again, because unfortunately, a man can cause you considerable pain by causing others to consider you a dead man simply by making an announcement in front of your kingdom hall. The stories of many on this forum are testimony to the corruption that comes from those who claim exclusivity with God.

I always wait and allow Jehovah to guide me as my loving father.
    That's wonderful. I just wish that you would realize that you are waiting on that guidance THROUGH men that you would call the faithful and discreet slave, since you consider their organization to be the only channel to mankind. And, because of this indirect guidance by imperfect humans, you are by definition led astray by the musings of those men. (Remember that you are putting your faith in what they say God says).

Now to answer your question directly, I hope to accomplish what I said at first, just to give my opinion from inside Jehovah's organization.
    Thank you for that.
  • AjaxMan
    AjaxMan
    Yo creo que sí. En mi caso tengo muy buenas amistades con algunos que trabajan conmigo. Tengo muchos familiares no testigos que son muy buenas personas.

Hombre Arana,

Son sus padres Testigos de Jehova? o Solamente usted es el unico miembro de su familia que es Testigo de Jehova?

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

Welcome to the board Spidey!!

-Rick

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

No puedo hacer la ñ con esa, sino Alt y 0241. bueno, a ver que pasa con usted en este forum.. Bienvenido,

Yadira

• apostate man
    apostate man

Welcome S.M.

I'm curious about this:
    "on many false doctrines that are taught by Pentecostals."

I am not going to debate you, I just want one good example. E-mail me if you wish with more examples. I was raised Pentecostal and my wife was raised JW. I have found, thru research, that almost everything that WT teaches is not Bible based, but based on the GB, backed by mistranslations and put-togethers of scriptures. Even more things they teach aren't in the Bible at all.
    Stick around awhile and you will see.

A.M.

Break the chains that bind you,
    unless, of course, you're into that sort of thing.
  • ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Spiderman,

A great big welcome to you from the land downunder;

Welcome aboard, Spiderman!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• SYN
    SYN

Welcome, SpiderMan!

It's nice to see a Jehovah's Witness on this board that isn't insane, hyper-opinionated, or just plain trollish for a change.

If there were more Witnesses like you...well, heck, there wouldn't be any Witnesses

Anyway, nice to see you're keeping an open mind and speaking with us in a civil manner, you have my respect for that. Please don't speak Spanish, I only vaguely understand it! Thanks...

Every religion is the One True Religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit