New Light not accepted by all..

by Dis-Member 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

I came across 3 very long serving regular pioneers today in the street. They are out preaching full time ever day. They are at the forefront and spearhead the teaching of Jehovah's Witnesses on ground level. I approached them and asked them: "who is the faithful and discreet slave?". They replied in unison that it was all of the the 144,000.

I then asked if they had seen the recent and not so recent Watchtower articles where it states this: "“The faithful and discreet slave” was appointed over Jesus’ domestics in 1919. That slave is the small, composite group of anointed brothers serving at world headquarters during Christ’s presence who are directly involved in preparing and dispensing spiritual food. When this group work together as the Governing Body, they act as “the faithful and discreet slave.”" jw .org 10th Nov 2012 All three pioneers said this is not true and that this information is wrong and that the faithful and discreet slave is in fact all of the 144,000. When I pointed out the exact Watchtower that is available for all the world to see on JW .ORG they just closed their ears and simply stared at me wide eyed, silent, stunned and speechless while chewing their sandwiches and acting like I did not exist. The confusion and brain stopping numbness was painful to watch. That was then end of the conversation. So.. it appears that this new light is not being understood, accepted or believed in by some long serving and faithful regular pioneers.

I no longer feel alone.

• cofty
    cofty

That's funny.

Have they studied that one on a Sunday yet?

• zeb
    zeb

we were told for years it was all the ones who put out all the mags and books. Looks like the new light needs a new bulb.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Don't worry, by September 29th they will all "believe" that the FDS is the GB and ONLY the GB.

By that time they'll probably even be saying, "That's what I always believed, actually! It just makes so much sense."

• smiddy
    smiddy

All three pioneers said this is not true and that this information is wrong and that the faithful and discreet slave is in fact all of the 144,000.

And if that were true why , would not, spirit annointed christians in thousands of congregations all over the earth ,have no say/input over what the 8 governing body members from america , dictate, ? as the truth for the rest of the 7+ million jehovahs witnesses

smiddy

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

I guess they have not read about that either Smiddy...

I also managed to ask them what proof can they provide that Jesus even came in 19-whatever and chose them from all the earth to be his spokseman to all mankind..

Their reply: 'the evidence points to the fact'

.. and I used to think it was me that was insane ..

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Hi DIS-MEMBER: I now try to keep reminding myself that up until 3 - 4 years ago, I used to be like such ones, till I suddenly began to question what I saw as contradictions/falsehoods in the Org's teachings. So please, everyone, don't condemn the R & F, even Eve was decived - point the finger at the source of the "inspired expressions".

Many of us were dumb & blind once, and thanks to sites like this and their sincerely motivated contributors, many more will come to know TTATT - not by beating them over the head with their gullibility/misplaced trust, but by truthful & factual reasoning. These are the things I look for and am grateful for, on JW.NET. It's OK to have a rant now and then, but everyone needs TTATT presented to them honestly and in a reasonable manner.

• sspo
    sspo

Just talked to a 80 year old witness, got baptized in the 50's and as i mentioned to her the many changes going on in the organization... her response was " If you love Jehovah, it doesn't matter, you keep on serving him"

That's the situation with old timers, they will die happy serving the watchtower, the majority are not into doctrines at all, most of them have no knowledge of what's going on and could care less.

• bigmac
    bigmac

no need to limit the blind following to the elderly--most of the sheep are just that--sheep.

• Freedom4all
    Freedom4all

"“The faithful and discreet slave” was appointed over Jesus’ domestics in 1919. That slave is the small, composite group of anointed brothers serving at world headquarters during Christ’s presence who are directly involved in preparing and dispensing spiritual food. When this group work together as the Governing Body, they act as “the faithful and discreet slave.”" jw .org 10th Nov 2012

When the "faithful and discreet slave" had to appear before the Australian court the defense was that there didn't exist such a slave, so no "slave" showed up.

But now the Governing Body identified them self as that slave.

This new light was released on Oktober 6 2012 at their annual meeting. ( http://www.jw.org/en/news/events-activities/annual-meeting-report-2012/ )

On Oktober 11 2011 they took this stand ( http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/child-abuse/217233/1/Victoria-Australia-Report-on-Oct-11th-hearing-involving-Steven-Unthank#.UjwwvMYg8hM )

During the court hearing on October 11, legal counsel for the Watchtower Society, Rachel van Witsen, from Vincent Toole Solicitors (the WTS's in-house law firm located inside Bethel, Australia) made a statement on behalf of the Watchtower Society that:-

"The faithful and discreet slave is not a legal entity."

Vincent Toole Solicitors then went on to present arguments that the "faithful and discreet slave" do not exist as a "person" nor do they exist as an "unincorporated body" and nor do they exist as a "body" of Christians.

Literally Vincent Toole Solicitors were arguing that the "faithful and discreet slave" should be struck off the charge list because they simply do not exist.

Since the GB now identified themselves as this slave, can they be summond by the court?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit