Another Witness Goes on about Syria and the Big "A"

by Wasanelder Once 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I was born in the early 1950s. Communist Russia would trigger Armageddon. No big A. Next, the Bay of Pigs woud start A. The Cuban Missile Crisis followed. The Cold War. The evil United States and Great Britain. The civil rights movement. Lawlessness. Student protests. Desegregation. Viet Nam. Chicago convention of 1968. Abbie Hoffman. The Beatles, led by John Lennon. Mick Jagger would be the reason. Red China and Mao's Little Red Book. Richard Nixon. Detente. The Persian Gulf War. Charlie Sheen, Dan Berrigan.

I celebrate forty years of freedom and causing A. this year. Don't hold your breath.

Think about the Old Testament prophets - Daniel, Jeremiah, Isaiah. I bet the regular Jews are glad they did not their lives on hold.

J. Edgar Hoover. Hitler.

I can understand being a Witness for a season of a few years. My family is still in since Russell's time. One would think they could see the writing on the wall by now.

St. Paul, writing of the immanence of the Second Coming of Christ, had to measure his words. I am a Christian so I await the Second Coming. Christ will forgive me if I live now.

• Rose Mary
    Rose Mary

This time they have to play safe game as situation is very tricky. Their famous 7th world power is no longer a dual word power with UK refusing to back the US military plan. Then there is a possibility that diplomacy may win, or an all-out war on top of world's oil stock. Nothing is predictable. Yet, there is a catholic prophecy that says the present Pope is the last pope who would see the Rome being in flame and so on. Then, there is Nostedamus prophecy which suggests that a war with Iran, after isolating its supporters like Syria, would cost the US very dearly....

Hence JWs are really confused!

• Joliette
    Joliette

Its always the end. If things are going good, its the end. If things are going bad, its the end. Its a no win, damned if you, damned if you dont situation with Jehovahs Witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit