Reasons why we hate JW's (as an org)

by ashitaka 63 Replies latest jw friends

• AMarie
    AMarie

Xanu:

You said:

"The Holy writings of the Saints tell us that we should be reasonable. It sounds like these ones in your former community wear lording it over"

You are right, the ones in my community were "lording it over" so to speak. And sadly this attitude isn't just found in my community. As you can see, the are ex-JWs from all over the world with similar complaints, so it is a problem more with the religion itself, than a few imperfect men I've encountered.

AMarie

• alamb
    alamb

In our area the following have been considered reasons to be counselled by the local elders:

1. Wearing cowboy boots with a suit. Deemed as showing lack of respect even they were $300 boots and polished. Counsel given by brother in polyester suit with plastic shoes on.
    2. Wearing a colored dress shirt with a suit instead of white was deemed to "worldly".
    3. Sisters wearing colored nylons, no nylons, open toes shoes...
    4. A sister put a flower in her hair for spring and was told she looked like a harlot.

It seems they were more worried by what was on your body than in your heart.
    This control epitomizes itself with the issue of shunning. No individuals are left to decide appropriate associates for themselves as in the only Biblical example of shunning, the decisions are made for them...thus no need for the Christian conscience requested at baptism. You turn that in at the door.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

I hate the fact that they brainwash the children into refusing necessary medical care and are perfectly willing to sacrifice these kids while they grapple with a timetable for disassembling their monstrous teachings on blood.

Lee

• Francois
    Francois

Xenu, I don't know what planet your Kingdom Hall is on, but I have yet to read anything in this thread that I didn't DIRECTLY EXPERIENCE at any one of the KHs I was associated with over the years.

And that includes controversies over wide vs narrow neck ties for men; steel rimmed glasses, or rimless glasses vs G.I. looking stuff that appeared to come from the US Army; light blue dress shirts vs white ones; length of skirts (the skirt length issue was more controversial when it was a very pretty girl who had on the short skirt); wonder bras; thong underwear; false nails; face lifts, vasectomy - I mean the list goes on and on and on into each and every private area in someone's private life, each little nooky, um, nook and cranny.

And I'll bet you a hundred bucks right now you'd give up your hope for salvation TODAY to go a round or two with Will Smith. Woudn't you?

Francois

• Waygooder64
    Waygooder64

What the hell is a "Elohim"? And if you are gonna talk about the WTS they hate to be called "Jehovahs".As in "hey man, saw you in the hall during the national anthem are you a Jehovah?

• worf
    worf

Xenu,

Ashitaka was absolutely correct when she said that the borg tries to control all aspects of life.All you have to do to understand this is to look into the publications of the borg such as the Watchtower or awake! magazines and you will see that they have written rules on every aspect of life over the years. For example, you would find rules on the sex life of married couples, what kind of gatherings to have, and yes, what kind of clothes to wear, grooming of hair, medical treatment, whether holistic treatment is okay or not, what kind of books to read, movies to watch, theatre plays to go see, even a quote from a magazine that blatantly said that watching westerns on tv are wrong,rules on whether or not higher education is acceptable to God or not, what kinds of additional education are suppposedly acceptable for "Christians", rules on whether or not a person should think for themselves, marriage receptions, whether or not it is acceptable to arrange a gathering that people would have to pay for, and hypocritical rules on voting, military service, blood. Rules on visiting relatives who are not jehovahs witnesses, whether or not you should stay with your relatives if they happened to visit you on a meeting night.Whether or not you should go to a relatives wedding or funeral if it is held in a church, whether or not aluminum foil is okay, whether or not medical injections are okay, rules on transplants, rules that state that a JW is only being faithful to God if they go to 5 meetings per week. Rules on what kind of employment is acceptable.
    If I'm not mistaken,(and I could be mistaken about this), the ONLY aspect of life that these pharisaical criminals might not have made rules on is what kind of FOOD we could eat.
    But I could give you references on every subject mentioned above which would prove that Ashitaka was absolutely correct when she said that the borg tries to control your life.

worf(warrior class)

• worf
    worf

GOOD POST ASHI.

And I too hate the wts. Because when you get down to the roots of the borg, and their reason for being in existence, there is NOTHING to love about that organization. NOTHING. Let the borg die painfully.

worf(warrior class)

• worf
    worf

jrig,

Good points.

worf(warrior class)

• SYN
    SYN

Xenu: Stop doing this. We all know by now that you are not a Dub. Maybe you were on in your past life, who knows.

Here is a sample thread by Xenu detailing his life experiences, how he was first introduced to the Dubs, how he found a wife in the BORG after much deliberation and Bethel service, and how he finally realized that the BOrganization wasn't entirely "chipper", and that some of it's doctrines were incorrect:

MEDITATE

Thank you, and good night.

OH, my worst thing was probably the same thing that bugs Puffsrule. In fact, it bugs me so much I'd love to instigate a mini-Jihad just over the napkin thing! All hail the mighty penis of the swaddled baby! Halleluya!

During a code review, when I asked why there was not a comment in 240,000 lines of code which was getting handed to me for maintenance, the programmer replied, "I'm terse."

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    Xenu
    There is no control over every aspect of living.

Sorry, Xenu, but there is every effort to do just that. Individual eldes that should be DF'd are left in charge of congregations and exert their power over them. I was told that it the internet was PROHIBITED. When I challeneged that statement by demadming to see the article prohibiting it, the reply was, "You have to read between the lines to properly understand the Watchtower!" How can that be Pure Language? When reading between the lines, every person will get a different message.

Why do the JWs disfellowship married couples, or at least one spouse, for enaging in oral, anal, or other sexual matters? What business is it of an elder body if a couple wishes to enage in such practices? There have been many couple willfully engaging in and enjoying such things, until the JWs convinced them it was entirely wrong. Then, the couple needs to appear before a Judical Committee of dirty old men who need to hear every little minute detail of ones private sex life? Doesn't that make the memebers of the committee perverts? Shouldn't they be able to decide how rotten a person is without all the exact details? Such as, how deep did the penis go in the mouth? Was orgasm reached? what position were you in? So on, so on, and so on. Then, as the old lechers are sitting their getting erections and drooling out of the corner of their mouths, they decide, on their own but claiming it is God deciding, that the couple who enjoyed pleasing and satisfying each other in their marriage are no longer worthy of Jehovah's love?

Since there are all these strict rules to follow to disfellowship someone, why is it all kept in a secret manual that only the elders receive and the rank and file don't get to hear about until such time as they being booted out?

And, while we are at it, who are they to add to scriptures as to why a person should be shunned? In reality, their entire policy oif shunning is unscriptural as the early Christians did not shun but treated those who broke the few actual rules as "a man of the nations." Now, if that means shunning, then the entire JW stance of kocking on doors and preaching to everyone is a fallacy, as it is "men of the nations" that you go and preach to!

While I can agree that under certain circumstances, not reciving blood can be beneficial, isn't that a matter best left between a patient and their doctor? Who are untrained window washers and janitors to instruct a doctor on medical procedures? And, to deem a person as no longer worthy of God's love becuase they choose to keep their child alive by allowing them to accept blood in an extreme emergency, is not control?

If all the above and the previous posts are not showing control, then I don't what it is.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit