Are Jw's the only ones with apostates....

by VioletAnai 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

The term 'apostate' is not widely used. Though Roman Catholic Bishops take a vow when installed into office to resist, fight, and hate apostasy, the average Catholic has never heard the term.

Mormons use the term frequently, as do Seventh Day Adventists. Beyond this, some Evangelical Preachers will use it from time to time to characterize false teachings ... but the term is largely unknown and unused by most Christains.

• Xander
    Xander

Xander: I can see - *maybe* - an argument for another christian religion that at least makes an effort to follow the bible. But, the JWs?

Violet: Because I believe in my heart that it is the truth and I ignored my heart for years

then...

Violet:I mentioned nothing about God putting the truth into my heart

Oh, good, just so long as we've established god had nothing to do with you choosing JWs.

Don't be such a bitter s.o.b

You're mistaken bitterness for frustration. Honestly, although I think most people here have given up on helping you to reason, I still have hope. Perhaps I'm naive, but I still believe that, when presented with overwhelming and undeniable evidence, someone will be able to make a rational decision.

Again, you've admitted the JWs are fallible. You've admitted they have undesirable members. You can see just as plainly as everybody else that EVERY SINGLE PROPHECY THEY'VE MADE HAS FAILED...yet you feel 'your heart' calling you back - acknowledging that god didn't direct you that way.

it brought me no happiness

If at first you don't succeed.....give up and run home to momma??

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Okay Violet; what has triggered this orgy of self-deception you are partaking in? You seriously cannot be that silly; you've hung around here long enough that, unless you have only looked at fluff or sex threads, you must have seen some of the major flaws in the Witnesses. Not bitter 'apostate' claims, but well documented evidence pointing to organisational complacency, false prophecy, and outright deception, not to mention the entire organisational structure being that of a high control group.

Did someone push some buttons in a study or a meeting? This shit storm is not out of the blue, and I'm wiondering if you're honest enough to say what triggered it. It's not like you've proved US all wrong, and the JW's right, you've just made a decision based upon your fears, not your knowledge. Did someone mention unforgivable sin? That always works when nothing else does in making someone conform!

Re-read what you have written. Read a Wachtower on apostates. Pat yourself on the back. You're getting good at the meaningless Watchtowerese insults. No facts. And since when did Truth have to hide Violet? Tell me that.

Don't make a mistake now that you will severely regret later, please. I know you will probably belch and come up with the preprogrammed "I'm doing what I'm doing now to avoid making a mistake I'll regret", good little cultist that you are, but actually answer some of the questions people have asked and stop being childish.

Go on, tell me what triggered this...

• Simon
    Simon

Most JWs are apostates from their previous religions ... in fact, to be precise, they have even turned away from their own teachings on more than one occassion and come up with new ones so they probably are a breeding ground for apostacy.

Really, every high control group like scientologists, mormons etc... have their 'apostates' who they demonise because they don't like it to become known that you CAN leave and have a life.

• ThatSucks
    ThatSucks

Abaddon:

It's a nice try but I doubt you will get a sincere conversation out of Vio now. She's got the 'us vs. them' that many on this board manifest against the society, only now for the society's position once again. At least the folks here tried to help her. Now she's an infected T-cell. Nothing can be done until she decides to rid herself of the virus.

• ThatSucks
    ThatSucks

Whoops! Double-post.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

re the word Apostates:

Mormons use the term frequently, as do Seventh Day Adventists

I don't believe they use that word for people who just leave the religion, become inactive or uninterested...I think they use it for people who leave and go around publicly bashing the religion via books, lectures, etc. IMHO

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

ARE THEY the only cult 4 there size that have on record 23,700 approx. in their legal department sex perverts where as the Catholic Church only has approx. 450 priests..and a celibate ME that totally love being as such !!!!

• cellomould
    cellomould

Violet,

Have you seen the movie 'Frailty'?

Let's just say <without spoiling> that you are tossed between belief and disbelief... EFFORTLESSLY... as you sit through this movie.

That is because belief is the easy part.

Apparently the title is for 'the frailty of human truth'. What does that tell you about "THE TRUTH"?

Need I say more? Watch the movie!

cellomould

"Without judgement, perception would increase a million times" Death, Without Judgement

• Mulan
    Mulan

Violet, I am not a psychologist, but I do feel that the reason you want back into the WTS, is because it is FAMILIAR. It's the same reason a woman will find a man like her father...........no matter how abusive he might be.........because it's familiar. They won't be happy with anyone, because that excitement isn't there.......the abuse, or whatever. So, the JW's are familiar to you, and you want to have that warm, fuzzy feeling again.........it doesn't mean they have the truth, however.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit