"Do you believe in God" is an absurd question! Why? Because.....

by Mr Fool 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

If a JW asks me "-Do you believe in God?" and I answer "-No, I dont believe in God" he/she assumes that I´m not interested. And that´s because of a total closed mind. If someone ask question "A" he should also ask question "B" if the first answer is "No".

The second question should obviously be in style of: "-Do you believe that God does not exist?" If the answer is "yes" we have a situation where TWO believers are talking to each other. (One who believe in God and the other who believe the opposite)

But if the answer is "No"....it´s something they cannot think of! But if someone is open minded (open for that God may or may not exist) that´s how the answer will be, and it requires two questions to figure that out. That´s why the "do you believe....?"-question is absurd.

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

A much better "one-question" would be "Are you open for that God may exists?"

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don't believe in God but I am open to the possibility that he may exist.

• cofty
    cofty

Mr Fool who thinks it's an act of humility to know nothing, meet SBF who insists that it is a fact that there is no such thing as a fact.

I hope you two will be happy ever after.

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

It is very funny that you (Cofty) attack me any time you get the possibility. If you like it, continue doing so.

If nobody knows nothing, how can it be an act of humility? If you are happy to be a believer, good for you.

• cofty
    cofty

Mr Fool - I haven't attacked you at all, don't be so precious. You boasted about your humility in your very first thread. Here again you want to announce to us all how humble you are. We are duly impressed by your humility.

Whether or not there is a god is not a 50:50 question.

The evidence against there being a god is overwelmingly compelling and the evidence for god is absent. Therefore I don't believe there is a god.

If I have missed some evidencce that believers have yet to share then I am open to seeing it. I don't want to be wrong any longer than necessary.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Play nice, people...

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

You attacked me right from the start, if you remember. We all understand that you are confident in your belief (that God does not exist), no problem.

You believe that I think I´m humble? If so, you are totally wrong in your belief. I don´t consider myself to be humble. I´m a walking failure and that was not hard for me to figure out. I just hope that I will not fall in the trap to be a believer again.

I will also promise you this; from now I will never again write about open mind, arrogance, pride or humility......I´m done with that. I will keep everything for myself from now.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

If I was asked this question by anyone, but especially if by a JW, I would wish to continue the conversation, not shut it down.

So, my reply would be: " I do not believe in anything, by believe, I mean trust that something is true without evidence. I am a rational human being who needs solid evidence to trust that anything is true". And then.... "Can you give me solid evidence for the existence of God please ?".

• cofty
    cofty
    You attacked me right from the start, if you remember.

I have never attacked you at any time. I challenged your assertion that only people who suspend belief in everything are truly humble.

Stop playing the victim.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit