Forum updates

by Simon 16 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon

The RSS feed should (may?) be working again and hopefully performance should be a little faster now as well.

As always, please let me know if you have any issues or notice anything not working quite right.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I was trying to post a new topic to the Apostafest/Meet-Up section. Did not see it register so posted again. I see my thread in the 'ActiveTopics' section and on the front 'Home' screen, but not when I click to look at just the 'Apostafest/Meet-Up topics. The topics display only shows those which were created 12 and 13 years ago.

-Aude.

• Simon
    Simon

Thanks, well spotted - I'll check that out.

Also, I should mention ... I remember someone said they thought topics didn't get as many views now which was puzzling because site traffic is normal / high. Of course, a previous update to cache pages meant that the views were only counted when pages were regenerated.

I've fixed that now so even cached page views are recorded (the 'viewed' count may not update immediately but they are recorded and will appear).

• cofty
    cofty

Hi Simon.

I used to use the HTML button as a workaround for spell-check in chrome. If you highlight the text in HTML mode it underlined the mistakes but it has recently stopped working.

My spelling needs all the help it can get.

• Simon
    Simon

Ok, the subject topic list paging should be fixed now.

I think the native browsers spell check should be something that the HTML editor enables - I'll check the setup. My spelling is Ok but my typing is terrible.

• cofty
    cofty

Thanks. If I right-click in the HTML box I get spell-check options but it no longer functions. Could be my end.

• Simon
    Simon

hmmn, are you seeing the WYSIWYG editor toolbars or just a plain text box?

What browser are you using? I don't see any spellcheck option anywhere (using Chrome).

• Simon
    Simon

Doh, you already told me chrome

• cofty
    cofty

Yes I have the full menu bar. If I Click on the HTML button, highlight all the text and then clear it it used to leave all my spelling mistakes underlined.

If I right-click I get "spell-checker option" in the menu but it no longer works.

• Scully
    Scully

I haven't selected a location in my profile, but I'm noticing that mine and lots of other people are showing the flag of Zimbabwe??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit