Massive rise in the Columbia River...

by Glander 12 Replies latest social current

• Glander
    Glander

We live three miles above the Bonneville Dam. They have shut down many gates in order to provide more water for the salmon ladders. This raises our banks and results in about a 4 foot drop in river levels below the dam. Very cool to see. They have not done this in sometime and our beach at the marina is covered.

The river is scouring the banks up river and we see a lot of debris coming by. The river even smells different. Beautiful and wild

• Comatose
    Comatose

Sounds very cool. Would like to see that.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hi Glander, I was at a restaurant in Portland, and started talking to some locals, that said, we must take the time to drive along The Columbia River up to The Dalles. It is a beautiful drive. Next time, I would like to stop and see the fish ladders. Just Lois PS Have you been up to Canada to see and walk out on The Columbian Ice Field, the head-waters of The Columbian River? That is truly a beautiful, unique, thing to do, also.

• Glander
    Glander

We walked down to the river this morning and are going to go back after dinner tonight, take some pics. I'll try to post some.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Beautiful area. I have been there many times when I was growing up. I was born and raised in Kennewick WA. I miss that region from time to time.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Dazed you probably just miss that you could glow in the dark back then.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Roll on Columbia roll on,

Your power is turning our darkness to dawn,

Roll on Columbia roll on.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Dazed you probably just miss that you could glow in the dark back then.

Yup. Stopped glowing once I quit drinking the tap water.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I've seen the fish ladders on the Columbia -- very cool. Such huge salmon going up the ladders!

• Glander

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit