Did you ever fake field service?

by LyinEyes 30 Replies latest jw friends

• SUSCARRA
    SUSCARRA

I never, ever, never, ever lied about my FS. I was loyal, true blue and just too HONEST. I remember years back we had a van full of pioneers (I wasn't) and we were going to put in a 10 hour day. We were together the entire time. SUSCARRA's time at the end of the day was 7', the others were so pleased with their 10 hours. I was somewhat taken back. We spent over an hour picking up one elder/pioneers daughters, then took them home and fed them so they also could go out inservice. We stopped by a second hand store, they shopped (clothes & shoes for the meetings I guess)stopped again to talk to other JWs, etc. Couldn't complain, because these people were all related and they were in the 'lead congregation' (as they called it) and the city overseers best friends. Later, no almost always, these same people had assembly parts....yeppy, about how productive their service was and that it was always successful for them because they always obeyed the rules laid out by JAH's rules concerning service.
    Well they're still doing the service thing, and being DFD I don't. But, I'm out and I'm still HONEST.

SUSCARRA's time for the WTBTS org.: 0
    SUSCARRA's time against the WTBTS org.: 24' a day.(yes I count my time while sleeping, I dream of how many people I love that I want to help out and the nightmares that I have because of ALL the disgusting things that have happened to us and to others.

Do I need any council because of my JEZEBEL attitude?

SUSCARRA

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

ROTFLMAO!

This is a good question, lyineyes.

I knew all the tricks. You have to to pioneer. As an old dear pioneer partner told hubby and I, you count yourself in not count yourself out of pioneering. So like Amazing, my time started when I left MY door and finished when I got to home. Maybe subtract some running around I did. :0)

I used to feel so guilty about my field service report, because towards the last 10 years I thought like Dave "Hmmm, how many hours this month? 11 sounds good. Hmmm, how many magazines? 16, yeah that should fit the hours. Hmmm, how many RVs? 3, that should fit too" Every year I would try to be good and do what I said I was doing, but now I realize why I didn't care, its all a farce.

I have to share this tale with you. In an old rural congo we were in there was an elderly sister who didn't count her time all day in service if she didn't speak to anyone and didn't place literature. The standing joke amoung the pioneers was who was going to count sister X's hours when we would coyly ask if she had talked to anyone that day! lol

You have got to love it that an organization has turned out a bunch of deviants like us! Baaaahhhhhaaaaahhhhh!

j2bf

• noidea
    noidea

Ummmmmm...Did anyone go as far as filling them out a few months in advance and keeping them in the back of you bible?

• Beans
    Beans

I faked an Orgasm in field service! I sold more mags and won publisher of the month!

Beans

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

LOL

Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you all for making me laugh SO HARD!!!

Oh I just love light-hearted posts like this one!!!

I needed a good laugh! Thanks!

I remember trying to MAKE field service fun!!! One time when I was about 20 years old, I'm 41 now, I was out with a car group with the *Taveling Overseer*! We were way out in the country in Tn. and I went to the door with the Overseer. It was a farm and no one was home *or no one answered!!!* and walking back I told the Overseer that I could make all the cow's upon that hill come to us!!! Well, he was from New York, Bethel and thought that was cute. He said, *Sure, make them come to us!* *in this cocky kind of loving way* ..Also remember, I was bored out of my mind.....and so with this grin on my face, I yelled out, ***SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! About 75 cows started bull dozing down this hill *thinking it's time to feed*. It scared the shit out of him and the car group freaked out! I'm sure they thought I was crazy!!! I was just young and trying to make it fun! Lord, I was sooo bored!!!

*Like I could teach someone something about the bible anyway!*

Tink =;o)

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Let me tell you how it really was done by a pro... me being an elders wife at that. Hey I am not letting wild turkey off on this one either. Should I make a list? Here goes:
    #1- wild turkey (hubby, elder, field service hater) would be in charge of arrangment for field serive after sunday meeting, He would put just our family, kids included 5 of us , in one car group. Of course having little ones you have to feed them right? So we would dismiss ourselves from the group and territory , to return later after cranky ass kids were fed. After fighting with the little bastages for 2 hr meeting and thru a meal at a restaurant , field service was not what we had wanted to do. We never made it back to the group. Thank God , we made it home to catch the Dallas cowboys game.

#2- Driving around all over territory , going to vacant houses or visiting old ladies, just shooting the shit with them , handing them a watchtower as we said goodbye. We did get the message across sometimes.

#3-Hitting all the laundrymats , hospitals, phone booths whatever as to avoid human contact at the doors.

#4- Of course there was the emergency family situation that you did not want to elaborate on , so no ones asked your business.

#5-Going over in your mind time spent talking to all your neices , nephews , babies, who ever would not ignore you . Wait Ididnt talk to them this month , but i will count a few hours cause I was goin to.

#6- Dragging the time at each and everydoor we had to go to. I saw many elders pull this one. They would stand there 5 mins gossipping about what they couldnt say in the car group. Of course no meter
    on the house gave that away.

#7 - Sisters can relate to this, the kids need a drink, go to mc d's
    We have to pee,,, yes again, go back to mc d's.

I could go on , but you see , we are such a resourseful group, we made the time , it was all a farse but they had their precious time slip and saw our miserable yet smiling faces going door to door.

• ronin1
    ronin1

Hi:

Here's my story:

I do not report my field service time. The elders over two (2)years ago talked to me about not reporting my time. I told them that if they could not show me scripturally where it states I must report the time I personally spend talking to others about Jehovah God, they had know basis to demand same.

They quoted the well known scripture that Jesus' followers reporting back to him all the things they had seen and heard. I responded that's right, not time.

They agreed they could not find a scripture to support their demands. I told them when they could let me know.

Needless to say, they could not and never did.

After one (1) more try to get me to report my time, they gave up.

My personal feeling is: Jehovah God and Jesus Christ knows what time I spend in my life talking to persons about the Bible. That is enough.

Case Closed.

Ronin 1

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Gee, I feel so strange posting this, but in fact, I was always honest about my time. I guess I am just not as devious and you guys! hee,hee!

• patio34
    patio34

In this area, there was one circuit overseer, Franklin Park, a real pain in the butt. He would harp on people stopping for a tiny break, even for the bathroom, it seemed. He made a BIG deal about everyone had to carry their bookbags. His wife, hard to believe, was even a bigger pain in the butt. Talk about RUDE!

Then the district overseer was in town for a visit, i forget his name. He gets in the van for field service and says "Anyone got any return visits out of town?"

What a difference!

I can't say i actually lied but i did pad mine when pioneering. But i figured the meeting for field service should count as time because at work when we had meetings, they didn't stop the clock!

All intelligent people are confrontational.--HBO's Winston Churchill

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

I would count the time I spent getting my kids ready to go out in service. It took alot of time and effort getting three kids ready to go out the door especially when they were little. I felt that it was a witness to them, my taking them out in service, so I did not feel guilty about counting an extra hour for that day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit