New

by rod.henderson 24 Replies latest jw friends

• rod.henderson
    rod.henderson

Hi,

Completely brand new to this site and to Witnesses. A friend introduced me to the JW and I'm just learning all I can.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Hey, Rod, welcome to JW.net. Tell us alittle about yourself.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Welcome

JWfacts.com has a ton of good info .

• rod.henderson
    rod.henderson

Catholic upbringing but always been open to other faiths and other religions. More into faith as a concept than I am religion, but I'm also just into learning. That's why I'm borrowing my friend's study materials and trying to read them with them.

No idea how to adjust settings or whatever on here!

• rod.henderson
    rod.henderson

Thanks for the link

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Nice to meet you -- hang around!

• rod.henderson
    rod.henderson

Will do my best to! Got into the habit of reading the Day Text every day on my phone on the way to work. Wish I had a hard copy of it though as the writing on my phone is too small!

• Comatose
    Comatose

Welcome nice to have you. I second the the recommendation for the jwfacts.com website. Lots of info there. Nice to meet you!

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Rod,

I too am a non-jw. My interest piqued out of a love for a very dear friend. I attended a Catholic high school and college. I understand your doctrinal background. Like you, I see the value in a non-denominational perception of faith. I also am fascinated by other's beliefs. I believe most other non-jws respect and allow for variant perceptions of faith.

You and I probably share an aversion to slamming other faiths. Many of my friends are uncomfortable with my "concerns" for we all believe in the inappropriateness of challenging other's religion. But this is not religion as we know it.

Form your own opinion. Just know that I hurt for everyone this denomination touches.

And welcome!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome aboard Rod!!!! I am Granny on board,Glad you joined us

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit